Home› Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is It Rape??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
HELLO
I have question which has been bothering me for a few days now.
Well, i was touched up by some guy when i was out the other day. I protested against it and then he tried to rape me. He didn't actually rape me in the end, just pressed up against me as i struggled, but would this be considered as rape?? Or something else?

THANKSx

Comments

• Options
    Sexual harassment, probably, maybe indecent assault. Im not sure though..
  • Options
    Ok, thanks.
    I was also pretty shook up by it, would you consider that to be pretty weird, seeing as i wasnt exactly raped or anything??
  • Options
    Of course not love, its perfactly normal. What an ass hole, though. Nail his bollocks to his horehead or something..
  • Options
    HAHA!!
  • Options
    Heya huni... that's awful what happened to ya. Just be thankful that it didn't go any further. Though saying that, it still out of line what that lad did to you.

Have you spoken to to your friends or/and family about it? Hope your ok and be strong. Course it's normal to be shooken up after that. But at least your ok now.

Take it easy.

Xxx
  • Options
    No it wasn't rape. But it was a shitty thing to do
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    No, it wasn't rape.

If he tried to rape you, and was reasonably successful;, then it could be attempted rape. Depends on what he did.

Sounds like indecent assault to me.
  • Options
    It's not rape. Attempted rape at best, more likely indecent assult.
    You haven't mentioned anything about the circumstances though.
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about giving it a term, that really doesn't matter.

Just because he didn't actually have sex with you doesn't mean it was any less disturbing for you.

As C2BK said, you could maybe speak to friends and family about it, or a counselling service if you'd feel more comfortable with that. :)
  • Options
    Hiya
    First off, big hugs to you - this is a horrible experience that you've had and I hope you have people you can talk to and get support from.

Officially, rape is: "an offence for any male to penetrate the vagina, anus or mouth of a female or male without their consent. A person guilty of this offence is liable, on conviction, to imprisonment for life." This was taken from theSite's article:

Sexual offences explained

Regardless of the law, however, this was a horrible situation, and you will have to come to terms with it in your own way. As I said, getting support from friends will help you immensely. Try to think more about your own personal boundaries and be clear about them before you start any relationships. This article should help you address these issues.

Finally, if you do want to speak to someone in confidence about this, RASAC is a good place to start.

Hope you're feeling better soon
    Take care
    :)
  • Options
    OK thanks very much for all of the replies. It's really appreciated.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble

You haven't mentioned anything about the circumstances though.

Yeah, sorry about that. I'm new and I'm not yet sure about how much detail im allowed to actually go into! :(
  • Options
    Tip: Next time someone does that (hope there won't be) bite 'em ;<.
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    sorry to hear about the attempted rape. No wonder it shook you up a bit.
  • Options
    a knee in the crotch is a very useful move in a situation like that. :) Tell someone you trust and if you think he might do it to someone else tell someone at school if it was in school or the police if it was out of school. As someone whose been in a similar situation something i regret is not telling anyone else. He sounds like an asshole, i hope everything turns out ok
  • Options
    Originally posted by Prescient
    I'm not yet sure about how much detail im allowed to actually go into! :(

If you are pressing charges, or thinking of it, then it generally isn't a good idea to mention any aspect fo the case at all.
  • Options
    I meant detail in terms of what is allowed on this board in particular. Which i guess, thinking of it, is kind of stupid of me to say. I mean, it wouldn't take much to mention the circumstances or whatever. Sorry:confused::o
  • Options
    this happened to a friend recently and its not on at all if id have been there id have kicked shit out of him
    .matt
  • Options
    I know people are trying to be helpful when they say `you should have kneed him in the crotch`, ` id have bitten his knob off` etc, but in real life, when that sort of thing happens, most peoples survival instinct prevents them from going into counter attack, and its probably not helpful to imply that the reason someone got raped is because they didnt fight off the attacker.
    Im not sure if im making sense here, but in a roundabout way it all leads to a culture of victim blaming.