Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do you understand this?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Let's say you work in a call centre for a lloyds TSB and I tell you that I went £50 into my overdraft about 2 weeks ago and I wanted to know if the money that was paid into my account last week has paid back my overdraft for £50?

It seems that the people I have spoken to seem to think that I want to either cancel my overdraft or know when it's due to expire(?). lloyds have got to train their bloody staff to speak English, it pisses me off when you have to try to explain to them about 10 times what you actually want.

Comments

• Options
    Makes perfect sense to me. If it helps, I was about £150 overdrawn with HSBC and when my student loan was paid in, my overdraft was paid off automatically with that. Same happened with Barclays too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    lloyds have got to train their bloody staff to speak English, it pisses me off when you have to try to explain to them about 10 times what you actually want.

It's the same when you phone for a Chinese.

Well, it's not. But here's what happened chez Bri about ten minutes ago.

Her - Hello?
    Me - Hiya, can I get a delivery please?
    Her - Wha?
    Me - Can I get a delivery please?
    Her - OK one moment
    Her - What you like?
    Me - Umm can I get a beef satay and a sweet and sour chicken please
    Her - Wha?
    Me - Can I get a beef satay and a sweet and sour chicken please?
    Her - Do you want rice? Do you want rice?
    Me - Yeah, two fried rice please
    Her - How many portions of prawn crackers?
    Me - Uhhh, none
    Her - One?
    Me - No, NONE
    Her - No prawn crackers?
    Me - No, can I get a large bottle of Coke too, please?
    Her - You want prawn crackers?
    Me - No, can I just get a large bottle of coke?
    Her - Large bottle Coke! Large bottle Coke!

That's not to mention the ordeal of trying to give her my name, adress and phone number (like applying for a fucking loan btw). With a competent person who'd cleaned their ears out, that phone call would have taken half the time.

Argh.
  • Options
    aaahh, it's always best to say the numbers off the menue when ordering chinese :thumb:
  • Options
    you call ...someone in bangalor answers and you give them a welsh address.
    no no no you must be spelling that wrong sir ...
    after numerous attempts ...look ya fucking nob head i know the name of my own house and town now just type the fucking thing is as i'm telling you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Don't even get me started on the HSBC telephone banking system...:mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Her - Hello?
    Her - Wha?
    Her - OK one moment
    Her - What you like?
    Her - Wha?
    Me - Uhhh, none
    Her - One?
    Me - No, NONE
    Her - No prawn crackers?

Argh.

Lmao! I get exactly the same thing, only with the pizza place! (Cos the turkish run it and they dont understand a word of english!) I dread ringing them up cos I always have to spell out my address to them! Its really quite frustrating! If they didnt do very tasty pizzas then I wouldnt bother! :yum:

Felix, when I first got my contract phone they took money out my account almost straight away and I didnt have any money in there for them to take so it went over my budget so I was like minus 20 pounds or something but a couple of days later I went to pay some money into my account and the 'overdraft' disapeared and they never charged me for it. So if I were you, then I wouldnt worry about it. :)
  • Options
    Lloyds have out-sourced to Bongo Bongo Land.

You can't tell, can you?
  • Options

Argh.

Yesterday i had to go and meet the pizza guy down the road because he didnt know where my uni hall was. Surely pizza people must know where we live!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

people keep saying that, but every time i ring up, i speak to english people. once scottish. never bongo bongo :confused:

and i've worked in a bank call centre, and i don't blame people for not wanting to do it for the price they can get people to work in India. it's a fucking horrible job. people are arseholes.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    It's the same when you phone for a Chinese.

Well, it's not. But here's what happened chez Bri about ten minutes ago.

Her - Hello?
    Her - Wha?
    Her - OK one moment
    Her - What you like?
    Her - Wha?
    Me - Uhhh, none
    Her - One?
    Me - No, NONE
    Her - No prawn crackers?

That's not to mention the ordeal of trying to give her my name, adress and phone number (like applying for a fucking loan btw). With a competent person who'd cleaned their ears out, that phone call would have taken half the time.

Argh.

That is exactly the same every time i order a chinese. it pissess me off no end. I have started saying to Dave that he has to order it from now on. I end up having to spell the address and all sorts. But Dave has no problem with them at all. I think it is my accent that they have trouble with.
  • Options
    Re: Do you understand this?
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Let's say you work in a call centre for a lloyds TSB and I tell you that I went £50 into my overdraft about 2 weeks ago and I wanted to know if the money that was paid into my account last week has paid back my overdraft for £50?

It seems that the people I have spoken to seem to think that I want to either cancel my overdraft or know when it's due to expire(?). lloyds have got to train their bloody staff to speak English, it pisses me off when you have to try to explain to them about 10 times what you actually want.

ive worked in a Lloyds TSB call centre before ;p (although it was Lloyds TSB Registrars )
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

You can't tell, can you?

That really is wandering up towards being fairly unpleasant and racist Kermit.

On the matter of call centres you should ALL switch to First Direct, I have had nothing but fantastic service, they're like a bank, only really helpful.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    That really is wandering up towards being fairly unpleasant and racist Kermit.

On the matter of call centres you should ALL switch to First Direct, I have had nothing but fantastic service, they're like a bank, only really helpful.

not necesserily, he could just be referring to birmingham for all we know :p
    :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    not necesserily, he could just be referring to birmingham for all we know :p
    :lol:

Well either way its a phrase that someone as smart and articulate as Kermit really shouldnt be using. You can do better old bean.
  • Options
    I can't even unerstand people from Dublin. I'm fucked if I'm talking to people from other countries....