Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

'seperated', as he put it.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so,we broke up :crying: :no: and i don't know what to do. we don't talk in school,but we still get the train home together,even though its awkward as arse. I miss him so much and theres nothing I can do to fix this. anyone got any advice?

Comments

• Options
    it's got to be get over him love.

What's he actually said? is it an outright break up, or a temporary one whilst heads are sorted out and space given?

you've gotta view the time you had together as special, wonderful, don't ever forget that. and while you may be clamouring to get it back, sometimes it just won't happen. If he was a good boyfriend, he may well do good as a good mate. give yourself time to come to terms with seeing him as just a mate, then start the friendship from there.
  • Options
    Re: 'seperated', as he put it.
    Originally posted by *chris'_bitch*
    anyone got any advice?
    Change your user name? :D
    Seriously though. No details, no story, no advice.
    Hope you get over him soon though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by queenmab_roo
    it's got to be get over him love.

It's what its gotta be. If it's over it's over. It took me forever to get over mine, but now that I have everythings been much better. If you want to you can try to fix it, but in my opinion, i suggest the forgetting it.
  • Options
    Time heals all. :yes:
    Seriously though. No details, no story, no advice.

If we don't know anything, we can't really help.
  • Options
    erk...didn't want to leave the deatails cos i'll bore you all to tears!

the last few weeks he's been really weird: unbelievably affectionate in school,all over me but just randomly making catty wee coments about my breasts or weight. he was only ever joking and while i was shouting at him for it,we'd end up kissing and forget about it.

but last sunday,i don't know what came over me. i just started shouting at him and ranting about it,telling him how i was fed up with it. it wasn't him i didn't like,it was his attitude and it stank. as a comparison,i said how would he feel if i said he had a small dick? 2 hours after we said goodnight,he called back to check that he doesn't have a small dick. he doesn't at all,but really in the context i would've thought he would've realised that i was just making an example.

anyway,next day in school,he totally blanks me all day,then announced that he wasn't getting our usual train home with me. so i went down on my own to the station and he appeared 10 minutes later,saying the other train was full. he refused to talk to me and when i tried to touch him he flinched away.

he's so hurt by everything i said, and i can't even excuse myself cos i meant it all. i was so fed up with attitude. not him,cos i love him more than anything, just his attitude.

so anyway,we decided to go on a break. but on tuesday, we went down to get the train together and somehow ended up having sex, as a kind of 'post-break up-last-time-for-a-while-shag'. and it was the best sex we've ever had,but i regret it completely. it wasn't right. i want my boyfriend back,not his penis.

wednesday we hardly talked,thursday he went skitzo at me cos i got upset in school. he's saying that we're over and it's never going to be the same. but i know that he misses me and i know that he loves me. i called him last night to check details for saturday night because we're going to a gig that's been planned for ages. turns out he's going to a party at his mates tonight with a bunch of girls that i ahte because they all like him and flirt with him constantly,even when he's standing with me. i'm terrified he'll end up kissing someone,or even worse,sleeping with somone else. we've only ever slept with each other and it'd kill me to know that he'd done something like that so soon after we broke up with somone i dislike so much. i asked him not to pull, but also said that i know i have no right to ask that. he agreed,said i had no right. but really,if he had any respect for me,or at least what we've been through together, he wouldn't do it,right?

i just want to make him realise that we work and he has to come back.he's everything. i look out the window and all i can see is the memory of him walking down the road to come pick me up. i go into a shop and instantly i spot things that he'd like. i listen to the radio and every song i listen to his a significance,wether he slagged it or loved it or dedicated it to me.

i miss him. simple as that.:(
  • Options
    aw sweet pea *hugs*

it's nearly the same for almost everyone that comes out of a relationship that they still want to be in. they see it through rose tinted glasses, remembering the good bits of before, when in reality the last few weeks haven't been all that good really.

you may have worked together, but that's in the past. how can you say that you "work" when he's making snide comments and you're getting upset about it?

you've broken up now my love, it's not out of a matter of respect whether he pulls or not. perhaps he needs to pull, to experience someone else, before he can really decide what you mean to him. it's a horrible thought, especially when you want to be the one pulling him, but you've got to accept it.

he may miss you and may still love you, but he's saying that it's over and it's something you've got to accept. if he views it like that, no amount of cajoling from you is going to help.

also, if you're continually upset or beggin him to get back with you, that's not the person he fell in love with, is it?

talk to him once, and give him an ultimatum. tell him that you love each other and that you did work, that you miss him. if he doesn't accept it, i stick by my earlier advice: you've got to move on.
  • Options
    cheers queenmab :) we were out last night + it went surprisingly well! he swears he didn't pull at the party and that he doesn't want to kiss anyone but me,let alone sleep with them. which is good,i suppose? anyways,we agreed that we need some time apart just now,but we'll definatly get back together soon. the whole gig he had his arms round me, calling me 'angel' (cos thats just what he's always called me) + kissing me on the cheek. 'twas good. we talked again this mornin,reaffirming the friends thing. wish me luck for tomorrow in school!
  • Options
    yes, good luck for tomoro in school. it sounds like you've got the nicer option from a "break"- just literally spending some time apart. hope it goes well when you get back together. come back for more advice if things go pearshaped.