Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

wtf

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Story here

wtf?? How the hell can anyone beat a baby to death for crying? Really does make you sick the stomach to hear that people like these are around. They really don't deserve the life they were given.
The court heard that Newton banged Jack's head against a piece of furniture or wall, probably the bunk bed.
He then struck the baby with his hand and a mark was left on the child's head matching the design on a distinctive Krugerrand ring Newton was wearing.

Comments

• Options
    makes you feel physically sick doesn't it
  • Options
    It's a sick world.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Things like that bring tears to my eyes. I find them sooo sad :(
  • Options
    makes me feel like saying things which are just as bad... i.e, "people like that shoud be shot".

(but like i said, that is almost as bad)
  • Options
    I hate hearing about stuff like this too because I don't see how anyone can beat something so defenceless as a baby. :(
  • Options
    I didn't like the bit about the mother not being bothered by her bloke saying 'bloody shut up' because he often said stuff like that! Why would you talk to a 6 month old like that, it wouldn't understand you anyway!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kate1
    I didn't like the bit about the mother not being bothered by her bloke saying 'bloody shut up' because he often said stuff like that! Why would you talk to a 6 month old like that, it wouldn't understand you anyway!!

You've never been kept up all night by a SCREAMING baby, have you?

The thing is, I can understand how someone can do it, and I can understand why someone would do it. No matter how much you love the baby, they are very demanding and people snap.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Some might think that's wrong or something, but personally I get more sad when I hear about a grown but not very old person dying than a baby... But this is just sick.
    Originally posted by Kermit

The thing is, I can understand how someone can do it, and I can understand why someone would do it. No matter how much you love the baby, they are very demanding and people snap.
    I hope you're not saying that he was justified...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    I hope you're not saying that he was justified...

No.

But I'm also not saying that he is "sick" for losing his temper, which is the impression I got.

Babies are very delicate creatures, he wouldn't actually have had to hit him very hard to leave those marks.
  • Options

I can understand someone getting very tired and frustrated but I cant understand anyone who would or could beat a 6month old baby to death. :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I can understand someone getting very tired and frustrated but I cant understand anyone who would or could beat a 6month old baby to death. :eek:

I can. Maybe that should scare me.

I don't know how anyone could let themselves get so out of control that they do it, and anyone who can't control themselves enough is a serious danger, but I do understand how it wouldn't take very many screws to be a bit loose for the "provocation" of a screaming baby to cause someone to lose it like that.

There are enough cases of people beating up screaming babies to illustrate that it obviously doesn't need much to be wrong in the head for people to be unable to stop themselves doing it.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Thing is though, I don't get the impression that this one just snapped... He'd always be shouting in a (probably) angry manner at the baby, and also the fact that he told the mother to go away is suspicious...
  • Options
    babies r so cute most of the time! Poor dead baby. Though they would be fucking annoying screaming all the time, maybe people who cant cope should get support. THe guy does sound like an abusive prick though. I walked through plymouth today and the newspapers had as the headline 'local baby murderer given life'. I was there to go to virgin megastores.
  • Options

same.

i could totally understand someone who snapped and screamed/shouted/cried at said baby, or threw some plates around or something, but actually hurting them? :no:
  • Options

Yes, actually, Me and my sister shared a room sometimes when she was a baby (I was 16 when she was born). Yep, tired and frustrated, but never ever enough to hurt her or swear at her.
  • Options
    I can. Maybe that should scare me.

Yes I think maybe it should worry you. Babies do frequently keep people awake a lot and if you really can imagine it being that much of a problem, id reconsider any idea of having children, because ones that dont scream arent generally available.
  • Options
    Yes I think maybe it should worry you. Babies do frequently keep people awake a lot and if you really can imagine it being that much of a problem, id reconsider any idea of having children, because ones that dont scream arent generally available.

Not quite what I meant.

I can understand how someone wouldn't have to be too much of a headcase to snap at the noise, if it is very consistent. As it is when they are teething.
  • Options
    I remember my mother telling me that when I was a baby (I was hyperactive and had reflux, mom had post-natal depression, fun fun fun!) she phoned social services to tell them that she was really at the end of her tether and actually told the woman on the phone that if they didn't do something she'd kill me. So, what did social services do? Give her an appointment for a month's time to "talk"

With "help" like this available I'm not surprised people snap. I'm not condoning this man's behaviour but when your own mother tells you that if you hadn't been taken away by your grandparents you probably wouldn't still be here, I think it's easier to understand :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by CheeseOnToast
    It's a sick world.
    Sadly, yes...
  • Options
    This is really sad.
    I can understand losing it as a screaming baby is very hard work, however i have snapped myself but i would NEVER hurt my son. I would rather hurt myself. :/
    This really really makes me feel sick. If you really can't stand it you should put them in thier cot & leave the room for a few minutes to calm down.