Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

epilators

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do they work? Do they hurt. Are they good for binkini areas. I wanna get one but I'm a cheap ass so I need to know if its woth it before I do.

Comments

• Options
    Ooh, i just got one, and it's fab.

it hurts a bit, but it's totally bearable. i think it feels like getting a tattoo, only slightly less painful. and the more you do it, the less it hurts.

i' just use it on my legs though. don't know if i'd be brave enough to try my bikini line though :eek:
  • Options
    cool. bout how long does it last would you say?
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    cool. bout how long does it last would you say?

i did my legs a week and a half ago and they are still as smooth as. :thumb:
  • Options
    ive used one for a year and i get nearly no hair on my legs now :)

and its fine for armpits and bikini line
  • Options
    i use it on my legs and under my arms...bikini line, sometimes...but take a couple of painkillers before hand :thumb:
  • Options
    I got one for christmas last year, but havent used it for a while as It seemed to make my legs a bit bumpy. I tried it on my underarms once, and it was fucking AGONY, then they came up with spots - niiiiiice.
    I didnt find it painful on the legs but it did hurt a bit round the ankles. It did keep them smoother for longer than shaving, but Id say the results lasted around a week, nowhere near the 6 weeks they say on the box.
    Mine was the braun silkepil one with the bits to make it less painful.
  • Options
    I've heard that they are REALLY good an am gettin one for xmas! :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    but Id say the results lasted around a week, nowhere near the 6 weeks they say on the box.
    The 6 weeks thing is kind of the truth, kinda a lie. At first they won't last very long, but the more and longer you use them the longer they last. My mom has been using one for years and i think she only needs to do it every few months now. And it pretty much stops hurting.

Also, when you use a device that pulls out hairs, the grow back that appears within the week is not the hairs you pulled out but hairs that were under the skin and hadn't appeared yet.
    At least i think that's right...
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Kaff Blah and Rainbow, which brands do you have?
  • Options
    I've just bought a Phillips Satin Ice Optima. Word of advice: don't stick it on full power when you try it for the first time! :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Adelle
    I've just bought a Phillips Satin Ice Optima. Word of advice: don't stick it on full power when you try it for the first time! :eek:

Thanks for that adivce, but late :p I just bought one and tried it and now I'm red and burning and am going to have to cancel my plans. Talk about pain, waxing hurts less :( but it did do a good job with hair removal.
  • Options
    i have one, it hurts lots and doesnt take the hairs off :(