Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Blood - A man thing...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My best friend (yes my best friend, not me) is worried about his "little man".

When he has a piss and does the old shaking bit at the end he notices a little blood comes out, its not much just maybe a few drops.

Is this anything to worry about? He dont really want to see a doctor but if he has to then he will.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Hiya
    There's any number of things that could be causing this, so getting down to a doctor to get this checked out really is the best thing your friend can do.
    It could be a urinary infection of some kind or even an STI but I really don't want to scaremonger by making snap suggestions - best be on the safe side, I say.

These organisations may also be able to help:

Family Planning Association
    Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Helpline: 0845 3101334
    www.fpa.org.uk

NHS Direct
    Advice and information on all health-related issues.
    Telephone: 0845 46 47

:)
  • Options
    Re: Blood - A man thing...
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    Is this anything to worry about? He dont really want to see a doctor but if he has to then he will.

I don't understand when people say they don't want to see a doctor. If his 'little man' is bleeding then surely that's not something he just wants to leave without getting it checked out? It might not be anything to worry about, but like spanner says, it might be an infection or an STI. Definitely go to the doctor or the clinic.
  • Options
    GP's have seen ALL of it before loads of times there isnt any reason to get nervous about it.
  • Options
    Il try to pursuade him to get on down to the doctor, hes had an embaressing incident with the doctor about a similar thing before and he wont see the doctor without me (lucky me).

He said its only happened once but i dont think he should ignore it.
  • Options
    You never know, he may have internal bleeding. If he don't see a doctor it could get worse.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    He said its only happened once but i dont think he should ignore it.
    Hold his hand if you have to, but he definitely needs to see his GP about this. Bleeding out of the penis is not normal.
  • Options
    It could be kidney damage or a UTI or something else entirely, but everyone else is right, he needs to get it checked out ASAP because the longer he leaves it the worse it could get.

It is just as well he has you to confide in, if he didn't he'd be suffering in silence, so do your job and nag him until he gets so bored of hearing about it he goes to the docs! :D
  • Options
    Thanks i sure will pursuade him to go and will more than likely have to go there too.