Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mother Cuts Off Babys Arms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004541980,00.html

How deranged do you have to be to do something like that to your own child? Could being depressed really lead to you doing something like that?

Comments

• Options
    i'm not even gonna bother reading the article as it's from thesun, probably a load of balls.
  • Options
    And they're wondering to consider whether this woman should be allowed to keep her other two kids? :eek2:

Hmmm should the woman not be locked up?!
  • Options
    Re: Mother Cuts Off Babys Arms
    Originally posted by relisys

How deranged do you have to be to do something like that to your own child?

As deranged as you'd need to be to believe anything printed by The Sun, I assume.
  • Options
    It wasn't just the Sun that reported it :(
  • Options
  • Options
    Ok, compare the two stories...the one from The Sun and the one from Channel Cincinatti.

The Sun says "Social services are considering whether to allow Dena's other two daughters to continue living with her". Channel Cincinatti says "The woman has two other children who were in school at the time of the incident, reported KXAS-TV in Dallas. It is believed that they will be released to the custody of their father."

Really, don't belive anything that's written in that paper. Although, it's very well written :p.
  • Options
    How can you debate a woman cutting her kid's arms off? It's wrong, no matter what way you look at it!

It's just interesting to see the inconsistencies that appeared when the story featured in The Sun. You can't deny that there are differences.

And don't make assumptions about what papers I read, you've never heard of me before.
  • Options
    I don't think there's any reason to start attacking people for no reason.

All someone was doing was pointing out the difference in the two reports, once again, you can see the difference can't you?

'Social services are considering whether to allow Dena's other two daughters to continue living with her'

'It is believed that they will be released to the custody of their father'

but anyway enough of the wrist slapping, it's a horrific story and given that she had a history of post-natal depression I'd be interested to know what support was in place before it happened.
  • Options
    probably none. very sad story. like someone said, 'how could that mum do that to her own child??' duno, never had a child or post natal depression.
    In the UK the legal system realises and instead of being charged with murder, she'll be charged with infanticide.
    The difference is all in the hormones, apparently.
    (by the way I am definately NOT siding with the mother)
  • Options
    Originally posted by natty87 probably none. very sad story. like someone said, 'how could that mum do that to her own child??' duno, never had a child or post natal depression.

Post natal depression can be VERY serious, some mothers are hospitalised because they are that ill.

I had post natal depression but it affected me in that i wouldnt go out, wouldnt eat, had no interest in anything....bit like normal depression.

This case is very sad. The mother had a history of post natal depression. i wonder what help and support she actually did receive.
  • Options
    Post-natal depression can do terrible things to a woman, unless you've experienced it you just don't know.

If she's that depressed she wouldn't stand trial, btw.

Oh, and about The Sun. When a newspaper puts this banner:
    0,,2004410923,00.gif
    on every news article, it's safe to say that it will encourage people to, erm, enhance the truth a bit.