Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Kiev Crisis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Tens of thousands of opposition supporters surrounded Ukraine's presidential offices after their pro-Western leader declared himself president, defying the government after a weekend election they believe was rigged in favour of the Russia-backed candidate.

I just learned about what Stalin did to the Ukrainians on the History channel like last week. So maybe my worry isn't valid. But there seems to be such a history of brutal repression...I'm afraid for the people of Kiev.

Comments

• Options
    Hmm i wonder what the papers would say if Kerry had simply decided to declare himself the winner in the US election regardless of what the vote count said?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Hmm i wonder what the papers would say if Kerry had simply decided to declare himself the winner in the US election regardless of what the vote count said?

Different cases surely, there's no doubt about the U.S election result this time round is there? So there would be no case for Kerry to do this.
  • Options
    Things are getting worse, there are reports of train loads of miners heading towards the capital to 'put their case forward'.