Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

More of a girly Q!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello!

I put up this post the other day click if you want
which basically says that my period is late by a fortnight atm. I've literally just noticed that my mother is on her period. Me and her always have our periods at the same time and this means hers 2 weeks later than usual. Now I read somewhere about women who live together, their bodies tend to comply with that of the 'dominant' female in the household...could this have a connection with that?

Thanks for any replies

Malt Munk xx :)

Comments

• Options
    Could definitely be a link! My periods got SO fucked up last year when I wasn't on the pill and lived in a corridor of girls only. I'd go home for the holidays, get synchronised with my mum and sister, then come back and find I'd get another period weeks early because I was adjusting to the girls I was living with again.

Any idea why your mum's so late?
  • Options
    Thats so weird! Ive never heard or thought of that before.
  • Options
    im the first to get mine out of me my mum and my older sister, i get mine then my older sisters overlaps with mine and my mum has hers just as i finish...could that mean im the dominating female? :p
  • Options
    I've never had that happen to me, mine and my mums used to be at opposite ends of the month hers would also last a week and be really heavy she would get bad cramps and stuff where as i didn't and my periods lasted 4-5 days and were really light, although i have heard of women that live together coming on at the same time, i'm not sure if it is a proven thing or anything though.
  • Options
    when i wasnt on the pill when i was home i was in synch with my sister and when at uni with my mate, used to mess me up good.