Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

suicide

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok...hi im ro and i was reading the thingy about how to kill yourself that was about suicide. I dont know if this is in the right section so sorry everyone if its not.
Some people said people who take overdoses or cut their wrists dont wanna die but as someone whose done it and been close to a friend whose done it sometimes people wanna escape and dont think things through properly. About 3 weeks ago my friend took an overdose of antidepressants and had to go to hospital. She was adopted and now shes been put into a special care institute and MIGHT be placed in a foster placement but might have to stay forever. She moved a county away and I miss her lots but the thing that sticks out in my mind most of all was watching my friend who ive known from the start of school have a breakdown. No one can know how bad that is unless u watch it. People who take overdoses need help, if they are attention seeking so what, they attention seek for a reason and they need support not a label stuck on them. It may seem like a stupid thing to do but it changes lives. Yeh i just wanted to say that, sorry to take up your time.

Comments

• Options
    *hugs*

not all people stick a label on 'em.

plus, this would probably go in health, for future reference before you get shouted at ;)

welcome to thesite!
  • Options
    I dont think many people truely want to die, but just feel there is no other way..
    Some methods are less risky than others(overdosing,for example)as theres always a chance someone will find you, plus the fact its very hard to take the right amount of something.
    I think many times it is a cry for help. Sometimes it goes wrong and people die though. Some may not even care what the outcome is so long as they can escape whatever it is thats making them want to die.
    You're right, they need help, not judging.
  • Options
    thanks, ok is there a way to move it to health?
  • Options
    Websites that tell you how to kill your self are disgusting and should be taken off the Interweb. Sorry to hear your troubles.
  • Options
    Really sorry to hear what happened. As bad as things seem for your friend, nothing is forever and hopefully with help things will improve for your friend and for you.

I've shifted this to health for you.
  • Options
    thankyou for moving it for me. Alot of people I know self harm as well which is kinda scary. I think that the government should do more about self harm and o/ds within schools. I dont know what but if anyone wants to make some suggestions so i can get some more ideas and build on my opinion thtd be fun-key. x
  • Options
    I must confess that in a sense, my suicide attempt was attention seeking. I wasn't strictly aware what I'd overdosed on at the time, but I soon found out it wasn't paracetamol tablets. (I'm not telling you what they were, it's very embarrassing) but the experience has completely changed my life. It has, in a sense, been a good thing for me. But let me make this clear: I am absolutely not recommending that anyone who is suicidal deliberately takes an overdose in a cry for attention.