Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Koranic prophesies?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Got sent this chain email by a friend, can anybody tell me if this passage actually exists in the Koran? sounds like a wind up big style but before I reply I would like the facts.

"This is something to think about! Since
America is typically represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages...

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic
Bible) Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia
would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

(Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?!"

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like a conpiracy theory to me. There was something about the flight numbers being a prophesy when you put it into windings font in Word.

The Qu'ran has books just like the Bible, so if it was true I'm sure they'd be able to provide a better reference than that.

And anyway, it seems to be saying that there will be peace when Islam is wiped out which doesn't seem right.
  • Options
  • Options
    my thoughts exactly
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish
    Looksee

I can't wait to pass on the good news, cheers and goodnight!!!

:D = my exact expression
  • Options
    Didn't the Soviet Union also have an eagle?

I think if any kind of democracy can succeed in Iraq...it will revolutionize the Arab world. But I'm against the war because the militants and others...perhaps the Shiite feel democracies are wrong because their should be no laws above those of Allah.
  • Options
    A Muslim wrote:
    Speaking of 9/11 : For those of you who speak the Arabic language:

please look at Surah # 9 of the Quran( Altawbah) & count 2001
    words from the beginning
    > you'll reach chapter # 11

From there count an additional 10+5 words( South tower COLLAPSED at 10:05) THEN count an additional10+10 words ( Pentagon partially COLLAPSED at 10:10) THEN count an additional 10+28 words ( North tower COLLAPSED at 10:28) :you'll reach subchapter #21 of the Quran AND you'll be looking at the word "COLLAPSED = " FANHARA" in Arabic ..& that word was mentioned once in the Quran

Put all the numbers together : 9 , 11, 2001, 21st "century",10:05 EDT, 10:10 EDT, 10:25 EDT : COLLAPSED came to pass ..COINCIDENCE?

http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/11/chronology.attack/index.html
  • Options
    :yeees:

Right, well that was facinating. And more than likely total bollocks.
  • Options
    Originally posted by GeorgeMBush
    A Muslim wrote:
    Speaking of 9/11 : For those of you who speak the Arabic language:

please look at Surah # 9 of the Quran( Altawbah) & count 2001
    words from the beginning

> you'll reach chapter # 11

From there count an additional 10+5 words( South tower COLLAPSED at 10:05) THEN count an additional10+10 words ( Pentagon partially COLLAPSED at 10:10) THEN count an additional 10+28 words ( North tower COLLAPSED at 10:28) :you'll reach subchapter #21 of the Quran AND you'll be looking at the word "COLLAPSED = " FANHARA" in Arabic ..& that word was mentioned once in the Quran

Put all the numbers together : 9 , 11, 2001, 21st "century",10:05 EDT, 10:10 EDT, 10:25 EDT : COLLAPSED came to pass ..COINCIDENCE?

http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/11/chronology.attack/index.html

Anybody here speaks Arabic?

Is the above true?
  • Options
    Originally posted by GeorgeMBush
    Anybody here speaks Arabic?

Is the above true?

It's not a question of whether the passage exists or not, or even that the word exisits in that place. Any idiot can try and make something significant out of anything.
  • Options
    Nothing certain computer software can't do...

It's exactly the same trick used by those people who 'discovered' the so-called Bible Code.

They all ended up with rather red faces when a group of scientists found pretty similar 'miraculous' coincidences and predictions... in a copy of Moby Dick.