Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hand gone mental

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, so sometime on saturday i noticed my right index finger was quite swollen and stiff, but didn't hurt unless i pressed it, so i thought i'd obviously hit it on something, and it was bruised. not too worried.

it got more swollen yesterday, and there was a hard lump on the left hand side between the main joint and little joint at the top, but still didn't hurt, so again, thought it was bruised, and didn't really worry.

This morning it's even bigger, the lump on the side is bigger, my while finger is sore, and it hurts to bend it. i can't straighten it properly either. but what worries me today is that the same thing is starting to happen to the little finger on the same hand, and i definitely haven't hurt that.

what the hell?

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: hand gone mental
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    ok, so sometime on saturday i noticed my right index finger was quite swollen and stiff, but didn't hurt unless i pressed it, so i thought i'd obviously hit it on something, and it was bruised. not too worried.

it got more swollen yesterday, and there was a hard lump on the left hand side between the main joint and little joint at the top, but still didn't hurt, so again, thought it was bruised, and didn't really worry.

This morning it's even bigger, the lump on the side is bigger, my while finger is sore, and it hurts to bend it. i can't straighten it properly either. but what worries me today is that the same thing is starting to happen to the little finger on the same hand, and i definitely haven't hurt that.

what the hell?

I have no idea what it could be but I think you should go to the docs as soon as you can, it doesn't sound that good :(

Or phone NHS Direct on whatever the number is (I have forgotten :( )
  • Options
    Re: Re: hand gone mental
    Originally posted by littlemissy

Or phone NHS Direct on whatever the number is (I have forgotten :( )

0845 46 47
  • Options
    can't ring NHS Direct atm as am at work, but i will when i get home.

the doctors don't have an appointment for days :rolleyes:

i wish we had a walk-in centre, cause they're ideal for these kind of things. i don't want to go to a&e, with people dying all around and be like 'ooh, well my fingers are a bit swollen', but i'd prefer not to wait til next week when my fingers could have fallen off*

i think my middle finger and thumb are on their way too, they feel a bit stiff, and my wrist is kinda achy :eek2:

*complete exaggeration, but you know what i mean.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    can't ring NHS Direct atm as am at work, but i will when i get home.

the doctors don't have an appointment for days :rolleyes:

i wish we had a walk-in centre, cause they're ideal for these kind of things. i don't want to go to a&e, with people dying all around and be like 'ooh, well my fingers are a bit swollen', but i'd prefer not to wait til next week when my fingers could have fallen off*

i think my middle finger and thumb are on their way too, they feel a bit stiff, and my wrist is kinda achy :eek2:

*complete exaggeration, but you know what i mean.

You could phone your doctors back & ask to speak to a doctor. That way if they think you need it looked at soon they will fit you in.
  • Options
    well, i rang NHS direct, who had a nurse guy ring me back, who was totally baffled and a bit freaked out, and sent me to a pharmacist, who felt pretty much the same and told me to ring the out-of-hours GP line.

on-call doctor said it was probably an allergic reaction to something, gave me antihistamines and sent me home.

it's bigger now, and my shoulder is starting to ache. but he didn't think i was about to drop dead, so i guess even if i wake up tomorrow looking like the michelin man, i'll not be too bad.
  • Options
    Mate you have more stuff wrong with you than twisted trinity. I hope you get it sorted out soon (and you, TT)
  • Options
    i know. i just don't work very well :/

luckily it's nothing major, just lots of little and very annoying things. if ever there was an advert for eating well in your formative years, it's me.
  • Options
    I'm like that, stopid little niggly problems all the time.
    Hope u get it sorted soon hun.