Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's My Body Up To!?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello!

I know there's been loads of posts about periods and stuff and how you can do a search but I need advice that's relevant to my personal situation which other posters have simarlarly touched on.

Basically the last time I had sex was 3 months ago. When I did have sex then, the condom split (but he said it was most likely when he was tying a knot at one end after removing it at the end of our nookie session because he hadn't noticed the drips till after he'd done that and there was air trapped inside when he knotted it) so to be on the safe side I got myself down to the local sex clinic to get the morning after pill and discussed with her options open to me etc...that was the 27th August I took the pill - checked, was not pregnant and had a period at the normal time on the 8th of September, and then around the same time in October BUT this month...it hasn't come...now this didn't use to worry me but for about 9 months I've had a consisten regular and more predictable period- there are tell tell signs- larger breasts/bloated stomach and a few pains but these haven't come about and nothings going on down there.

I do have a new bf, we've been seeing each other for 2 months. We haven't had sex yet although he does finger me and I've given him h/j's BUT he has never put his fingers in me with his cum on them or like, come into contact with his cum and touched me after if you know what I mean - this I know as we're extra vigilant and careful and I've never touched myself down there after he's cum on me/my hands and his penis has not made it's way down south in any close proxemics at all...so what's going on. I mean sex used to throw my period but that stopped 9 months ago- I don't know if the frequent fingering sessions would honestly have a lot of effect. My body hasn't had any physical changes and although feeling a tad more stressed, not to a high degree - my diets the same although I have been eating a little more. I'm running out of ideas :confused:

Any information/ideas/suggestions would be incredibly helpful and I'm sorry it's such a long post! I'm not allowing myself to get too worked up about it as I know that can affect the likelyhood of it appearing at all but at the same time, it's a fortnight late today and I don't know whats wrong.

Thank You

Malt Munk xx :(

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    A pregnancy test...that's an option...I'm still afraid it might say "You're pregnant", even though I know it''s not really possible! I've been considering speaking to the bf about it cause it is scarying me a bit! But I don't want to shake him up...but I'll need the support to pee on a stick. I take it I can obtain a pregnancy test from the clinic?

Thank you GWST!

Malt Munk xx:)
  • Options
  • Options
    If you havent had sex or done anything to get sperm inside you, then you wont be pregnant unless youve been impregnated by the holy spirit or something (well it is coming up for xmas) There are plenty of reasons a period might be late, most likely because youve recently taken the MAP. You could always ask your doctor if youre really worried, but generally speaking if you arent having sex then you wont be pregnant. I have never heard of anyone actually getting pregnant from giving handjobs.
  • Options
    I have never heard of anyone actually getting pregnant from giving handjobs.

Lol. Nor have I but ya know, just clarifying the extent to which we've gone which is why I've been baffled! Thanks for the replies. I didn't think the MAP could still effect me since I took it like, 3 months ago and the 2 following periods were on at the usual time but thankyou for replies!! Very much appreciated!!

Malt Munk xx :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by malteser monkay
    I didn't think the MAP could still effect me since I took it like, 3 months ago and the 2 following periods were on at the usual time but thankyou for replies!!

I didn't think this could happen either, but then the MAP is a massive dose of hormones which can probably do all sorts of unexpected crap to your body.

There are other things which might make your period late eg illness, stress, weight loss, but if you can't find any reason why (aside from the earlier MAP incident) then it might be worth doing a pregnancy test except I really don't see how you'd be pregnant!

Then again, maybe you're just going to miss this period altogether. I know this happens if you're on the pill sometimes, often for no apparent reason, but I'm not sure if it's common when you're not on the pill.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    Then again, maybe you're just going to miss this period altogether. I know this happens if you're on the pill sometimes, often for no apparent reason, but I'm not sure if it's common when you're not on the pill.

When I first started having periods, I had my first, didn't have another for 6 months, then had really irregular ones, sometimes I'd miss a month, but seeing as it was getting regular...I spoke I am 17 so...still young, could just be my body feeling like being awkward

Malt Munk xx