Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

yuckyness

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
lately, i've been getting a bit depressed but i'm coping with that, but i'm also amazingly tired, lots of bad dreams, and i'm getting lots of pains all over the place just very randomly. muscle twitches, lots of joint pain and muscular pains, i keep getting a pain in my hanstring that feels like i've pulled it and then it goes. and i keep getting dull aches in my left wrist and right ankle which will last for 2 hours and then go. someone thought it was anemia, but i had a blood test done in june and i was fine.

any ideas as to what it might be?

i am going to the docs just i have to wait for a week :(

Comments

• Options
    Tell all of that to your doctor when you see him/her next week. Could be depression, could be a physical cause. What do you think is causing it?
  • Options
    Christ, you need to stop relying on this board everytime you get a nosebleed.

Worried? Google. Still worried? Get in touch with your doctor. We're not really qualified to say what's wrong. :| You're much too reliant on here.
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    Worried? Google.
    Wrong way round methinks :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish
    Wrong way round methinks :lol:

Yanno what I meant. The irkedness of myself got the better of my wording. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    Christ, you need to stop relying on this board everytime you get a nosebleed.

Worried? Google. Still worried? Get in touch with your doctor. We're not really qualified to say what's wrong. :| You're much too reliant on here.

i hardly do that.

and my doctor is totaly incontactable. doctors work very very differently here to in england.

and google can hardly tell me why my symptoms might add up to.

and the other thread: rashes can turn out to be serious things, and i just wondered if anyone had had a similar thing.

go pick on someone who gives a damn about what someone who she has never met has to say
  • Options
    OK, first off, if you haven't got anything helpful to say it's best to leave the thread alone and spend your energy replying to one that you can be constructive about.
    Second of all (twisted_trinity) it is difficult to give advice when you are describing such specific symptoms and sometimes it is best to go to the doctor about these things. If you are tired all the time it could be related to the changing of the seasons affecting your moods and energy levels. Or perhaps if you're on new medication you're reacting badly to it? It could really be any number of things, so best be on the safe side and talk it through with a professional.
    Take care
    :)
  • Options
    in my opinion it sounds like youre really run down. Id spend some energy trying to boost your immune system. Eat lots of fruit and vegetables, especially green veg. take a vitamin supplement and maybe echinacea and/or ginseng. make sure you eat garlic. Avoid sugary or chemically processed food. eat/ drink live yoghurt probiotic stuff, also a cod liver oil capsule for the achey joints.
    Do that for a couple of weeks and I bet it makes a difference. In the meantime, take a couple of ibuprofen for the general achiness.
  • Options
    well, my mum and (usualy right with medical stuff, seeing as she's done loads of training around it) another friend seem to think that i've either got anemia or an under active thyroid.

i've been haveing nightmare after nightmare for quite a few nights now, which is making me even more tired.

but i will try and get myself to the doctors....
  • Options
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    well, my mum and (usualy right with medical stuff, seeing as she's done loads of training around it) another friend seem to think that i've either got anemia or an under active thyroid.

i've been haveing nightmare after nightmare for quite a few nights now, which is making me even more tired.

If youve had a blood test for anaemia recently and theyve said its not that, then youre probably not anaemic, but you could always take an iron supplement to be on the safe side.
    thyroid function can only be determined by blood test rather than just by symptoms which (to be honest) could be anything.
    Have you considered getting testing for food intolerances, because it might be something simple like that which is causing you to feel generally rough?
  • Options
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity

What's your diet like?

Do you have much caffeine?

Don't listen to what your friends think you have, it's dangerous.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    If youve had a blood test for anaemia recently and theyve said its not that, then youre probably not anaemic, but you could always take an iron supplement to be on the safe side.
    thyroid function can only be determined by blood test rather than just by symptoms which (to be honest) could be anything.
    Have you considered getting testing for food intolerances, because it might be something simple like that which is causing you to feel generally rough?

the blood test was possibly so long ago as march, so things could have changed since then right?

i've been tested time and time again for food allergies and intolerances....and nothing ever comes up for anything.

i don't drink more than 2 cups of coffee a week if that.

i really think i need to go back and have another blood test, because it's getting silly. i'm taking all the suplements i can (the ones i've been given by my mother who is a nutricional consultant), and it's making no differance. i just seem not to be absorbing things.

the really annoying thing is, i have a total fear of docotrs especialy male doctors since being told i was being totaly stupid for even thinking i had depression by some fuckwit in england. and with my medical insurance there is only one doctor near me that speaks english and he's a guy...but i know i need to get this all sorted.

:S all so difficult.