Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Extradition of UK Citizens

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What's going on with our country? Why did Blunkett give away our sovereignty so as to allow the US to pull our citizens at will, by drastically lowering the level of evidence needed to extradite them? It was meant to speed up the treatment of terrorists, which is a huge joke. No terrorist will ever be extradited to the US from here because america still has the death penalty and therefore the Human Rights Act prevents them going. Neither will we get any suspected terrorists as the US irish nationalist lobby ensured that the americans didn't reduce the level of proof required before we would get anyone. The worst thing is that the US seems able to pull anyone they want regardless of whether there are allegations of terrorism or not (especially as Blunkett ahs done away with his right of intervention)with the flimsiest of evidence. The so-called Enron Bankers are a case in point - three Brits, the alleged crime committed in the UK, against Nat West, all witnesses here and all evidence here. So the logical place to try these men?....... yes, Houston (a fair trial guaranteed... not). Why does this government race to give away our rights in favour of the Americans all the time? We might as well just change our flag to the Stars and Stripes and be done with it! I don't know whether these men are guilty or not - but we should be the ones to decide.... British Citizens should be tried by their peers!

Comments

• Options
    http://politics.guardian.co.uk/homeaffairs/story/0,11026,1107028,00.html

I'd support it if it worked both ways, it doesn't at the moment and Britain is clearly getting a raw deal here.

Funny how the government has sneaked this one through quietly.
  • Options
    I hadn't seen that article but it really demonstrates how this Government operates.... sneak legislation through and whatever the US wants, it gets.... regardless of how negative trhe impact might be on UK cirtizens!
  • Options
    ALL Brits should be extradited and sent to North Korea for their voluntary servitude, trust to authorities, faith in democracy, cowardice, sissyness and stupidity
  • Options
    Originally posted by LabRat
    ALL Brits should be extradited and sent to North Korea for their voluntary servitude, trust to authorities, faith in democracy, cowardice, sissyness and stupidity

And you should be extradited to the end of my steel toe capped boot you wanker.

As for the US exrtadition thing, it fucking stinks.
  • Options
    Blunkett again.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4029507.stm

"Labour is putting security and personal safety at the heart of its programme for the run-up to the next election."

I guess they see it worked for Bush...