Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

pregnancy tops (im not pregnant)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Its my birthday soon and i plan on going clothes shopping!

Thing is, i cant stand all them tops that are around at the moment - the ones with the saggy baggy bit hanging at the front therefore i call it a pregnancy top (aka babydoll)

Anyway, does anyone know what shops i can go to that is not obsessed with these?

Comments

• Options
    I'm having this problem too!!

I have quite big boobs and these tops make me look awful! I definately look pregnant in them which is really not the look that I'm going for
  • Options
    They hide your belly if you are a size 6 prepubescent boy.

If they're in vogue, then avoid the fashion high street shops like Topshop. I wouldn't have thought high street shops like Dorothy Perkins would be, but then that depends if their look is one you'd prefer.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    I wouldn't have thought high street shops like Dorothy Perkins would be, but then that depends if their look is one you'd prefer.

even tried ddorothy perkins, they have the dam pregnancy tops too

im running out of places to look
  • Options
    Nowhere. Trust me, NOWHERE! I liked them but they just don't suit me. And I'm kinda sick of looking like everyone else in the city. Your best bet? Wear a really old top from years ago and try to start a new trend. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by eefs
    I liked them but they just don't suit me.

it's not just you. they don't suit anyone. at all. they make everyone look fatter. and if you're a skinny wee thing, and you obviously have string bean arms, they make you look pregnant.

avoid.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    it's not just you. they don't suit anyone. at all. they make everyone look fatter. and if you're a skinny wee thing, and you obviously have string bean arms, they make you look pregnant.

avoid.

Ah thank you Kaff, I feel better now. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin

avoid.

Unfortnately my best friend looks amasingly good in them - life is so unfair........
  • Options
    At least I'm not on me own with that... haha

Yeah I don't like those tops either. I'm going out on Friday and I wanted to treat myself to a new outfit but is hard trying to find a top in the shops that aint all like those pregnancy tops. I looked at the river island website and for once I don't like any of their tops cause it's all got the same babydoll design :-/

Though saying that Topshop are having nice tops on the show. So far they seem to be the only shop that aint covering their whole floor with just the same babydoll tops.

I seriously don't believe those tops do anyone any favours. My sister who is a little over weight got herself a top and says she looks like shes pregnant wearing it; but I had to reassure that even the skinnest girl could look pregnant in the same top.
  • Options
    the only person i've ever seen look good in one of those tops was mr. kaff's sister. when she was actually fairly pregnant.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Ohhh Kaff, your av is gorgeous!! They are my favorite....
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    Ohhh Kaff, your av is gorgeous!! They are my favorite....

:yes: :heart:

they are seriously cute. i'm looking for a plush one, but so far no luck.

i do have a plush totoro with suckers for my car, and a no face who dangles from my rearview mirror which semi-fulfil my cute anime urges.
  • Options
    I like them because they are really cute but quietly disturbing...
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    I like them because they are really cute but quietly disturbing...

like you :flirt:

they made mr. kaff giggle like a girl the first time he saw them. especially when they all do that head clicky thing at once.
  • Options
    :lol: Cheers Kaff! They made my mr giggle like a girl too...
  • Options
    yeh not a good look unless your really thin! How about buying a short dress and using that as a top(nice look but only if you dont have a big belly!)
  • Options
    Originally posted by -Di-
    yeh not a good look unless your really thin! How about buying a short dress and using that as a top(nice look but only if you dont have a big belly!)

i dont have a big belly, ive never even lowered myself to try one of them pregnancy tops or dresses on i just dont like them.
  • Options
    i nearly baught one of those as a last resort but decided that i would rather so out naked than as a hippo. New look have quite a few cami style tops if you can cope with bra straps on show or a strapless bra. There the only two types of tops i caould find tho
  • Options
    I've never seen them:confused: anyone got a pic???
  • Options
    I love my babydoll tops!

Emphasise the breast and cover the stomach (and no, I do not look pregnant in them. Always compliments. Apparently they are slimming).

Briony this is a babydoll top. They are the ones which are cut just below the breast :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Briony this is a babydoll top.

that's not what i'm on about at all. that's cut quite close, so it's quite flattering.

these monstrosities are pregnancy tops:

x_x_sp702_x_large.jpg
  • Options
    Debenhams :yes:
  • Options
    I quite like them!!