Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hair Dying... gone sort of wrong...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, well I normally dye my hair once every 4 months or so, a natural dark brown/black colour...

But this time I decided to try and go purple and bought that new Schwarzkopf (sp) Color XXL... but my hair went a deep red/burgundy colour. Not what I wanted at all.
So that was about 2/3 weeks ago, and now I want to dye over it with my normal dark brown/black colour.

How damaging will it be, to dye it twice in less than a month? I use GHD's quite often too, so I'm worried it'll all start to fall out or something lol.

Ilora x

Comments

• Options
    Give it a rest with the GHDs for a while and makesure you slap on lots of conditioning masks for the next week or so...I've done it before and it's worked out fine, but then I'm not one of these girls who can't leave the house without having straightened their hair and therefore my hair was in reasonable condition when I started.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm not obsessed with using GHD's anymore... I've found that my naturally curly hair is now manageable after being layered!

So, It'd be okay to dye it again?

Ilora x
  • Options
    I used to dye my hair all the time.....and becaus eof my dark natural colour, it meant quite often bleachings.
    On one occasion, i bleached it out, and dyed it.....and then 4 days later dyed it again (major disaster, couldnt live with it) and my hair was pretty straw like for a day or three...but fine in the end....condition the ass of fof it and you'll be fine.

Peace
  • Options
    Originally posted by star*
    i'm in the middle of dying my hair as we speak. well, type. i've got them annoying marks all round my forehead, neck and ears! :impissed:

i always get my mum to dye my hair, cos i know id muck it up, and she always gets it all over the back of my neck+my ears :mad:
    your hair should be fine - just condition lots!
    SBG
  • Options
    You should be fine, my mate works in a hair dressers and so gets her hair coloured every few weeks to keep the colour nice, and as far as i know colouring your hair darker puts alot of the good vitamins or whatever back into it? i'm sure its something like that :)
  • Options
    it'll be reet. when my hair was pink i used to bleach it twice a month and it was ok. just condition like it's going out of fashion. and don't wash your hair every day, if you can help it. dries it out.
  • Options
    if you use a semi permanent dye it'll be fine as it coats the hair rather than changes the something or others in it (long time since i worked at the hairdressers) but yeah, do a semi then it should be nice and shiny too