Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

One step to far?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is lame. In actually fact it's the most lame thing I've ever heard.

Animal rights protester's want to ban fish and chips because it causes stress to the fish when caught. This is so damn pathetic, what next?

The scottsman

The Sun

Comments

• Options
    Well if you think about it, the pain the fish go through when they're caught is probably unbearable. They're collected together in a huge net andpushed together whilst they suffocate to death. A parallel for humans might be mass gas chambers.

I know fish aren't humans, and I know it's silly, but if you get down to it it is rather cruel. But then again, we're bloody evil when it comes to insects, we mow the bloody lawn dont we?? So I think there is a line to be drawn...
  • Options
    There's a thread on this already I think, Fish have feelings too.
  • Options
    Bollocks to PETA on this issue.

If they want to avoid eating animals on ethical grounds, good for them. So long as they don't try to ban the rest of us from doing so...

We have to ensure that animals are not killed in a cruel way naturally, or tortured or abused. I don't think fishing qualifies as any of those things.

I'm much more worried about the ever-decreasing stocks of cod due to overfishing- though that's a different argument. So fish and chips might one day become a thing of the past, but due to the extinction of the species rather than a ban imposed by animal right activists.
  • Options
    the worlds going fucking crazy ...since when did a human have to consider the pain of a fucking fish!
    pain ...believe it or not is a big part of reality ...and for you nature lovers ...it's a fucking major part of the story.
  • Options
    I agree with Aladdin (for once).

But lets remember that PETA is a pretty wacko organisation! Just see this:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Northeast/02/28/peta.holocaust/

The animal rights brigade are as bad as the ‘pro-life’ lobby; they’re trying to force their values on everybody else and showing no respect for other people’s opinions.

PETA are so extreme anyway I think they only harm the animal rights cause; when they come out with stuff like this it only scares the vast majority of moderate people off.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Disillusioned

[ they’re trying to force their values on everybody else
    they are also putting human values and beliefs into the animal kingdom.
    will the dead cods wife worry and fret and mourn that the fish who spawned her babies is now deep fried?