Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lump removal

I have this lumb in my eye. It started off as a sty but then went into what i think is my tear duck and turned into this weird little lump. It dont hurt or anything so I'm not to worried.

Now I'm not asking you to diagnose what it is but to revmove lumps they usually have to cut it out right??
It cant be got rid of in any other way can it?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    depends what it is. might be easily cleared up with eye cream or antibiotics.
  • Options
    See your GP.

No idea what it is, no idea what you can do to get rid of it. Leave it to the professionals :)

NHS Direct 0845 4647
  • Options
    yus. i wasn't implying that you should just get some eye cream and hope for the best.

more that your shouldn't put off seeing the doctor cause you don't want them to cut your eye, cause it might be something really simple and easy to cure ;)
  • Options
    Could be a meibomiam cyst (sp?) I've had a few of these and although painless they can get infected and go horrible. I had two cut out and it wasn't a very pleasant experience, they have to clamp your eyelid down and burst the cyst ewww. I did have some eye ointment to try and get rid of it first but it didn't work.

I was told mine were probably caused by not taking my eye makeup properly!