Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hodge Handcuffed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    I am not sure if they are a joke, how many people knew or cared about this issue before they started pulling these stunts.

if their aim is to highlight the issue then they have succeeded....

I suspect people would not be calling them a joke if it was mothers for justice.......
  • Options
    it's starting to get a little old, is there a legal protest going on as well?
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Sorry, I meant it in the sense that they command no respect. If it was Mother 4 Justice using the same tactics I do actually think they would be equally condemned.

I don't.

I think it would be about how mothers are vital to a child's upbringing and how appalling it is that they are being denied access. There would be a huge press campaign and politicians would "jump".

The point is that we think like that anyway which is why Fathers are having to resort to these tactics and mothers are being giving levels of custody and support that most fathers can only dream of.

Personally, I love what F4J are doing and they've yet to do anything which I would condemn (that I can remember...). The sooner that courts work on the basis of 50:50 split, unless it can be proven that this would be unsafe for the child, the better.
  • Options
    duplicate
  • Options
    Let us consider who Margaret Hodge actually is: a woman who is totally unfit for government office. As leader of Islington Council in the 1980s, she ignored and failed to take action against reports of child abuse in the area. A person who fails to take action against this heinous crime should not be in office. She is a person who believes in the most politically correct of nonsense. For example, she says Musical Chairs should be banned on the grounds that the game "encourages aggression in youngsters". This politician is a joke. Fathers 4 Justice is a joke. This incident should be treated as such.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Don't get me wrong, I appreciate why they are acting like this and I agree that it it is grossly unfair, but their stunts are making them a laughing stock, not a positive force for change.

I just don't see what else than can do.

What else would get media attention, would get people talking about the issue?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    What else would get media attention, would get people talking about the issue?
    Fathers 4 Justice are cunning in this sense. They know exactly how to get the attention of the media, to get sympathy pouring from the pages of tomorrow's Daily Mail. They have a fair cause, their methods are questionable.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    For example, she says Musical Chairs should be banned on the grounds that the game "encourages aggression in youngsters".

Playing musical chairs certainly used to make me aggressive as a kid :)

i get quite competitive
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Let us consider who Margaret Hodge actually is: a woman who is totally unfit for government office. As leader of Islington Council in the 1980s, she ignored and failed to take action against reports of child abuse in the area. A person who fails to take action against this heinous crime should not be in office. She is a person who believes in the most politically correct of nonsense. For example, she says Musical Chairs should be banned on the grounds that the game "encourages aggression in youngsters". This politician is a joke. Fathers 4 Justice is a joke. This incident should be treated as such.

thing is she is fit for government because the only qualification is to be elected and then appointed to a position, yeh the decision sucks and i dont agree with it, but shes done nothing wrong in been elected and thats the only way you can really judge someone as unfit

the wrong decision was blair's appointing her as childrens minister, not that actual apointment
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG
    the wrong decision was blair's appointing her as childrens minister, not that actual apointment.
    Yet more evidence of why Blair's judgement is highly questionable on so many matters.
  • Options
    as we allready blatently know