Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bleeding = period?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does some vaginal bleeding signify 'coming on'/start of a period? Also, a aching back & poorly tummy.

Or could it mean something totally different? Like potentially possibly being pregnant?

Thanks in advance for any help:)

.:Crispy:.

Comments

• Options
    Could be either. What's with the questions?
  • Options
    For me it means a period, especially if it's at the right time of the month. However, I've never been pregnant, so....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish
    What's with the questions?

Sorry got a bit carried away with the ? marks shoulc have used . instead.
  • Options
    Re: Bleeding = period?
    Originally posted by Crispy
    Does some vaginal bleeding signify 'coming on'/start of a period? Also, a aching back & poorly tummy.

Or could it mean something totally different? Like potentially possibly being pregnant?

Thanks in advance for any help:)

sounds like period due. Doesnt sound like pregnancy to me at all.
  • Options
    the aching back and poorly tummy sounds like classic period starting symptoms.

especially with the bleeding.
  • Options
    Further info:

Some bleeding last night but no bleeding @ all today. Is it possible to have a 1 night period?
  • Options
    with the female body, anything is possible.

if you are worried about pregnancy, take a test. none of us can tell you over the net if she's pregnant or not.
  • Options
    Periods: the facts

Premenstrual syndrome

These links should give you more info. Also, if you have any specific questions, try calling one of these guys:

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Telephone: 0800 0185023
    www.brook.org.uk

Family Planning Association
    Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Helpline: 0845 3101334
    www.fpa.org.uk

:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    with the female body, anything is possible.

if you are worried about pregnancy, take a test. none of us can tell you over the net if she's pregnant or not.

That's what we've putting it down to her body playing nasty tricks on her :mad: She is very stressed @ the moment which could add to her body being bizarre.

We've been very very careful & there isn't any doubt of 'what if when we did this' as we've never done anything silly & sex has always been protected.

How soon can you take a pregnancy test?
  • Options
  • Options
    Sounds like a normal period too me :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    I'm guessing your girlfriend is quite young - quite often menstrual cycles don't settle down until you are out of your teenage years.

She's 19 the same age as me(well i'll be in a weeks time).

With my limited knowledge & no personal experience (being a male;)) of periods then all the symptoms do sound like typical things related to a period.

Could taking a pregnancy test give a definite conclusion to put our minds @ total rest?

I'm not going to worry much anymore:)

• Options
    Originally posted by Crispy
    Could taking a pregnancy test give a definite conclusion to put our minds @ total rest?

Yep it will give you a definate answer.
  • Options
    Is she on the pill yet? I remember you saying she might be going on it soon. The pill can fuck up your periods big time.

Was her period due? Or is it really early? If her period was due then it's most likely here and just extremely light. Having said that, occasionally light bleeding occurs when the fertilised egg implants itself in the lining of the womb (I think!) but if you haven't put her at risk of getting pregnant then this is very unlikely.

I was in exactly this situation last month - my period only lasted a day, and then disappeared. I was worried so I took a test (do a search if you want to read about it!) and it was fine. The test will be over 99% accurate if she does do one, so coupled with the fact that she's very very unlikely to be pregnant, it would probably put your mind at rest completely. They're about £8 and take about 1-3 minutes.

Is she stressed/ill/losing weight etc? This could potentially make them lighter.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    Is she on the pill yet? I remember you saying she might be going on it soon. The pill can fuck up your periods big time.

Nope she's not on the pill yet.
    Was her period due?

Well to me yes as its been 4 weeks since she had her last one.
    Or is it really early?

To her it was a week too early than normally expected.
    but if you haven't put her at risk of getting pregnant then this is very unlikely.

We've always had protected sex & checked the condom with a fine tooth comb for any form of leakage & there hasn't been any at all.
    I was in exactly this situation last month - my period only lasted a day, and then disappeared. I was worried so I took a test (do a search if you want to read about it!) and it was fine. The test will be over 99% accurate if she does do one, so coupled with the fact that she's very very unlikely to be pregnant, it would probably put your mind at rest completely. They're about £8 and take about 1-3 minutes.

We'll have a talk about her taking a test when I see her this weekend. Atleast the test will bring some closure to the situation.
    Is she stressed/ill/losing weight etc? This could potentially make them lighter.

I'd say she's very stressed with being a fresher @ uni & a list of work to do the length of her arm. Also, she's really run down & tired a lot of the time.
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    All has come good & the period has started as normal now:yes:

Thanks for all the help given:)
  • Options
    Glad for you :D