Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

friend sending me random pictures

Ive got a friend who im feeling a bit annoyed with, because she keeps sending me photos of things she hasnt invited me to. She sent photos of herself and another friend getting ready to go out the other night. I wouldnt mind, but thought it was a bit weird as i hadnt been invited, so why would i want to see photos? I wouldnt particularly be interested even if i had been invited. She sends me photos of ANY event she goes to. Shes obsessed with taking photos and emailing them to about fifty different people. I am annoyed this evening because she sent me pictures of her little boys 2nd birthday party - that she hadnt even told me about let alone invited my little boy to. She sends me pics of all the other mums and their kids, even this girl who she always slags off to me :confused: Now why send me the pics since she knows Lenny wasnt invited? Is she trying to piss me off?
We used to be quite close friends and admittedly we`re not as close anymore, but were still friends. We run a toddler group together and talk online. her daughter and my son are supposed to be having a joint birthday party in february. I feel mightily pissed off that Lenny wasnt invited to this one AND that she sent photos to rub my nose in it.
I was going to email back and say "lovely photos, sorry we couldnt make it, the invite must have got lost in the post" but thought that might be unnecessarily confrontational, so have just decided to send her lots and lots of random photos which she will have no interest in. Ive sent 15 this evening, including pictures of a folded up pushchair, a goat, a seal, rory the tiger, me giving a really stupid smile, and various other things. Its been quite therapeutic to send them.
I know its childish, but if shes not going to invite me to something, I dont care, but I do care if shes going out of her way to rub my nose in it.
Am I mental or would you find it annoying too?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i would find this very annoying, and people like her must have quite sad lives to bother with trying to make other people jelous.
  • Options
    In the same circumstances id be upset if it was our Becks and she wasnt invited. Has she met someone else who she classes as 'best mate' and kinda left you out in the cold if you know what I mean ?

I think id be mailing her and politely asking her what the problem is and let her know that it would have been nice if Lenny had actually had an invite. Ive never spited kids, even if ive had an argument/disagreement or whatever with the Mother, the kids never get brought into it.

She dont sound much of a mate tbh. Some people here may think you are being childish but its kinda different when you have children and its your child that has been left out. I think you will know what im trying to say......Im getting all confuffled here lol.

But anyways, Id feel the same as you if that helps :)
  • Options
    the thing is, shes really nice to talk to, but I think shes being really two faced. I get this feeling that shes nice to my face, but is going out of her way to piss me off behind my back.
    Itd be a headfuck if i was that bothered. I can see what shes doing and it is sad, but I think if i confront her she`d deny it. I know shes done it to other people though so why wouldnt she do it to me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    In the same circumstances id be upset if it was our Becks and she wasnt invited. Has she met someone else who she classes as 'best mate' and kinda left you out in the cold if you know what I mean ?
    we`re not best friends. I would have classed her as a best friend a couple of years ago, but shes got other friends who shes much closer to now, and so have I. In some ways its a shame, because I actually like the girl. I just find her infuriating and this particular thing has pissed me off but I dont know how to take it. As i said, ive sent off loads of photos, kind of making light of it, but I think next time she comes on msn im going to have a hard time biting my tongue.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    we`re not best friends. I would have classed her as a best friend a couple of years ago, but shes got other friends who shes much closer to now, and so have I. In some ways its a shame, because I actually like the girl. I just find her infuriating and this particular thing has pissed me off but I dont know how to take it. As i said, ive sent off loads of photos, kind of making light of it, but I think next time she comes on msn im going to have a hard time biting my tongue.

The thing is dont you think it might be better asking her outright what the problem is, rather than you sat there thinking 'the ignorant cow'. you dont have to be nasty about it and tell her you thought lenny would have had an invite to the party.......see what she says ? she can only say 'naff of or the likes off', least you know where you stand ?
  • Options
    The girl sounds like a bitch. You could pass it off as mistakes or stupid thinking if it's been a couple of times, but to do it often is just rude, and hurtful. It's rubbing your face in it, I don't know your friend, maybe it is innocent and she just wants to share her life with people through photos. But from what you've said i think it's rude.

I agree with you the next time you see her on msn, have a go, cos the girl's either thick or evil.
  • Options
    I did have it out with her. She said that she didnt mean it like that, she sent the pics becuase she she just sends them to everyone (which is true) I told her I didnt want anymore random pics of strangers. She seemed quite upset at me having a go (when I let rip, I do let rip) and said she was feeling bad enough in herself as it is at the moment (she suffers from depression on and off) She said she didnt invite Lenny because it was a baby party, so she just invited babies (her son is two, mine is 3 and a half)
    Maybe she does do it without thinking, but im glad ive told her to stop. I dont buy that it was a baby party, because the party was at a local soft play centre.
    I cant figure her out sometimes.
  • Options
    Maybe she is just REALLY REALLY insensitive and tactless but doesn't realise it.
  • Options
    I'd tell her where to stick it, tbh.

Or, more accurately, I'd just block her and ignore her and never speak to the slimy cow again.