Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sweating it out

I was once told by a mate that to get rid of a cold or cough you it was good to go to a saunta/steam room and sweat it out. Atm I have a cheasty cough and a bunged up nose, but I have so much work to do.
I probably shouldnt be working in the old peoples home when I have this incase I end up giving it to one of them and they die or something. But I cant afford not to work and I dont want to let my manager down as I'm already doing cover work.

So yes, are there any quick ways to get rid? I can rest after my shifts which are only a few hours a days but during those hours i cant be coughing all over the place.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Steam can help unbung a blocked nose and babies with croup can be helped by using a humidifier, but I don't think it would affect how long you have the cold for. Bed rest is the only quick fix.
  • Options
    sweating it out, can also mean wrapping yourself up really warm and getting under the duvet with the heating on, and staying there even when youre uncomfortably hot. I used to do that sometimes when i felt unwell and it did seem to work.
    Not if youve got a fever though.
  • Options
    if i have a cold, stuffed up chest or wheezing ive found it helps to go in a steam room ,saunas are a bit too dry, helps un block your chest and breathe easier