Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

thing in right side.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, so i've noticed there's like a mass in my right side, under my rib cage. it's big and firm, about the size of a fist, and you can move it up and down.

is this supposed to be there?

i've gotta go back to the docs anyway this week, so will ask about it if i need to, but i don't want it to be my liver or something, and feel like an idiot.

Comments

• Options
    Painful or no?

Sounds interesting. Ask your doc.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish
    Painful or no?

not. well, not unless you poke it really hard :blush:

at first i thought it was just a bit of intestine, cause they sometimes swell up like that. but it seems a bit odd to have wind in the same part of intestine for 2 weeks.

on the other hand, i don't think it could be anything too dodgy (touches wood) cause i had an abdominal ultrasound earlier in the year and it was normal.
  • Options
    that doesn't sound right. I would suggest you get that checked out as soon as possible
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    not. well, not unless you poke it really hard :blush:

at first i thought it was just a bit of intestine, cause they sometimes swell up like that. but it seems a bit odd to have wind in the same part of intestine for 2 weeks.

on the other hand, i don't think it could be anything too dodgy (touches wood) cause i had an abdominal ultrasound earlier in the year and it was normal.
    "Wind" wouldn't cause a big and firm lump. And an ultrasound wouldn't necessarily rule out something dodgy. It doesn't sound sinister, but as you're going to the doc's anyway...

Like I say, sounds interesting.
  • Options
    Would definately ask the doc. It could be something normal, but you can never look stupid for asking.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish
    "Wind" wouldn't cause a big and firm lump.

it does in me. since i lost a bit of weight you can sometimes see my swollen up bit of intestine through my belly. and if you press on it, it bubbles and moves down a bit. you can move the little air pockets all the way down. most entertaining.
  • Options
    As always, its best to see you doctor for a proper professional diagnosis. Since its in your right side just under your rib cage and you mentioned the bubbling thing, it could be something to do with your gallbladder/gallstones? A blood test would help sus this out. Hope all goes well and don't worry - your doc is there to help ya. :)
  • Options
    is it on your back or front?
    My husband had something similar sounding on his back and sent himself into a right old panic thinking he had cancer of the kidneys or something, but it turned out to be just a fatty lump which are very common. Get it checked though obviously.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    it does in me. since i lost a bit of weight you can sometimes see my swollen up bit of intestine through my belly. and if you press on it, it bubbles and moves down a bit. you can move the little air pockets all the way down. most entertaining.
    :eek2: