Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My friend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My friend hasn't had a period for 9 weeks, so she has effectively missed two periods now. She is having unprotected sex with her partner as they are trying for a baby. She has done about 20 pregnancy tests, including a Doctors one and they are all negative. I am aware you can get false neg's, another friend of ours who was trying for a baby didnt get a positive test until she was 9 weeks gone. Anyway, my friend has been to the docs and had a test done by them, instead of making an appointment she just rang for her results(negative) but she says she should go and see him again(and is probably planning too) so i am curious to know if she can ask for a scan to see if she is actually pregnant. Another thought of mine however is that she may have missed that first period(for whatever reason, just one of them things perhaps) and since that she has possibly conceived. being only 2 or 3 weeks pregnant she may not have enough hormone to be detected yet, or something like that.

Not looking for advice just want theories and/or ideas, and would like to know of she can request a scan.

Thankyou

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How would a scan change things? I'm puzzled as to why she is desperate for a scan to see if she's pregnant. Pregnancy tests are very sensitive, and as she's had so many, it's likely she isn't pregnant.

Make sure she's taking folic acid supplements as she's trying to get pregnant.