Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My Nipples

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, I'm over weight.

But my nipples arn't normal... they look inverted or something... instead of them sticking out they fold in... but in p.e. i've seen boys who are bigger than me and their nipples arn't inverted like mine. please reply... i hope i don't have nothing wrong with them lol:(

Comments

• Options
    Don't panic. I'm assuming you're a chap...

Is it just that they look "inverted" (i.e. pointing inwards), or do you have other symptoms (e.g. pain, swelling, rash etc.)? Has it come on suddenly or been like that for a while?

ps The usual rules apply: it's impossible to diagnose over the internet. If you are really worried, see your GP or ring NHS Direct on 0845 4647. :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply... and yes i'm a chap.

Its been like it since i was like 10, well i'm not sure... but for a long time..

and they are inverted, not sore or nothing. its just irritating because if i do lose weight, and look normal, and they are still like it, i must be abnormal.
  • Options
    Originally posted by andie
    Thanks for the reply... and yes i'm a chap.

Its been like it since i was like 10, well i'm not sure... but for a long time..

and they are inverted, not sore or nothing. its just irritating because if i do lose weight, and look normal, and they are still like it, i must be abnormal.
    Being overweight may distort them due to the soft fatty tissue in the chest and make them appear inverted or abnormal.

It doesn't sound like it's anything to worry about. If you are intent on losing weight, you may well find that they appear more 'normal' once you have slimmed down, but it might just be a familial thing. At the end of the day it's not worth losing sleep over.
  • Options
    thanks for putting my mind at rest :D
  • Options
    one of my exes had an inverted nipple...some people get them....and dont worry about it :)
  • Options
    Yes, if you've 'always' been like this it is likely that you were just born with inverted nipples. The time to worry is if they have suddenly inverted for no reason...
    :)
  • Options
    i used to have to same but they grew out when i got older. lol. dont fret about it
  • Options
    If they don't sort themselves out, then ask your doctor about it. There's an op that can correct them if necessary.