Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bush on Dr Phil

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If anyone has Sky Mix tune in now to hear Dr Phil interviewing Bush at home

Comments

• Options
    I only caught this half way through it was an interesting programme, certainly very different to see Bush at home being just like any normal guy, being shouted at by his Mrs for dragging mud in the house ... not sure I'd want him though to have the most powerful job in the world .. hope they repeat this prgramme so I can see it from start to finish!
  • Options
    A very very clever move, a difficult demographic to reach out and and a respected show hoast.

Interesting.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    A very very clever move, a difficult demographic to reach out and and a respected show hoast.

Interesting.

Heck yeah.. exactly what I was thinking..

Dr Phil in rating is only 2nd to Oprah!!

And do you know who we have to thank for Dr Phil being famous??

The British Beef industry!!!

That's how Oprah and Dr Phil started working togethre cos he had and still had a business coaching people who are going to court and when Oprah got sued by the American Beef Industry for saying she wouldn't eat a Hamburger they got Dr Phil in to coach her!!

And the rest is history!!
  • Options
    Dr Phil now on TV talking to Kerry!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    whooppee doo :rolleyes:

Naah was crap, if all I had to go on was that programme I'd have voted for Bush, he came across as much more down to earth then Kerry.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    well he would have after the election.

bush was calm as he had secured his second term
    Kerry fired up coz he lost what he alsways said he would win.

hah

Naah these MuSt have been film before the elections took place .. in fact I know it was by the things they said, we're obviously getting Dr Phil several weeks or even months behind the USA.

A lot of the Kerry interview seemed so fake ... Like mentioned his sister adopted a girl from China, or his wife cooks a lot!! Like he's trying to make her seem more down to earth. Or they they espacially looked for a house that had pull out couches incase the kids came to visit. It made them sound like they're on a tight budget when Mrs Kerry is worht hundreds of Millions and owns Heinz Ketchup and all the other Heinz products!!

He even had to get in the fact her son's friend call her Mamma "T" to make her sound hip and trendy, but it all sounded very false.

I'm sure they're down to earth are but his background is way more posher then Bush! Son of a diplomat, going to 7 schools in 9 years, etc.

Also don't help he's a divorcee compared to bush in the eyes of the voters who are interested in family values.

I can kinda understand why people voted for Bush now if it's to get a sense of a guy who's more a family man. Kerry just looked so distant from his family.
  • Options
    Bush is an 'ordinary guy' he's been elected because he see's the world in black and white, because he can see whole races/nations as evil and Americans as Good.

It gives America purpose, a role in the world and gives focus as to why so many people hate them.
  • Options
    Bush is an 'ordinary guy' he's been elected because he see's the world in black and white, because he can see whole races/nations as evil and Americans as Good.

It gives America purpose, a role in the world and gives focus as to why so many people hate them.

I'm sure most Americans are good people, I just think they're very cut off from the world outside of the USA, not surprising when you have such a HUGE country to explore.

If you want nice sand and sun then can even fly to Hawaii, Florida, etc unlike ourselves in the UK. Want to ski you can go to the mountains.
  • Options
    Also for many reasons they are just more conservative and at the moment there seems to be a swing towards the Right Wing.
  • Options
    Also for many reasons they are just more conservative and at the moment there seems to be a swing towards the Right Wing.

Yeah I went to the west coast for 3 weeks and it was so quiet at night and this was staying in Hollywood!!!