Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Switching Broadband Provider

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been with Pipex for 2 to 3 years now.

But now TalkTalk is offering same speed access+ free UK landlines cals day and night and free calls to the USA, Canada and Oz off peak and weekends. For a total of £24.99 per month which is only £1.55p more then I pay for internet alone from Pipex.

So question is any forseeable problems in switching?

My only questiosn are if TalkTalk provide SMTP Servers and block any ports, but wary that service might vary a great deals from one provider to another. Anyone ever switched between ADSL providers?

Comments

• Options
    OH BTW if anyone wants to switch for the first time then let me know and I'll give ya a free Voucher Code

You get £20 off your first Bill I think and your's truely gets the same... :)

It's nice to see a bit of competition in the combined phone and broadband market where I live cos there's no cable broadband where I live!!
  • Options
    Should be fine, providing both of them use the standard method, I think it's been made a lot easier now so that you don't get disconnected. Something to do with codes and stuff.
  • Options
    My only concern for you wouldbe the fact that TalkTalk is the carphone warehouse.

And they are the very epitome of thieving scum- they make NTL look good.
  • Options
    I've had two free mobile for the last 2 years form them without any probs and by free I mean free phone and line rental
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    Should be fine, providing both of them use the standard method, I think it's been made a lot easier now so that you don't get disconnected. Something to do with codes and stuff.

Yeah it's called a MAC code, although pipex don't make it easy to find that code.