Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Manners

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
Why do people have bad manners? Don't you just hate it when you do something and they just don't say thank you? I was brought up to respect everyone (not just your elders) and by doing that you say thank you if someone does something for you.

It doesn't cost anything to be polite.

Edited to fix mistake.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    OMG!!!!!!!

i love yoU!!!!!

i feel the EXACT SAME WAY!!!

people really don't have manners...

even one of my managers lacks manners....
    i hate him...
  • Options
    Why do people lack bad manners

:confused:

do you mean 'why do people have bad manners' or 'why do people lack manners'

seriously i know what you mean, but what set you off on this?:confused:
  • Options
    fucks me right off proplr with no manners makes me wanna go beat there ass down

soprry this is one of the most annoying things ever:mad:

grrrrr
  • Options
    What happened?
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    Nothing in particular has happened. I am just annoyed with people not saying thank you when you hold the shop door open for them, or when you are driving and people don't acknowledge you when you give them access/let them out of a junction etc. I don't have to do these things but I do. The least they can do is acknowlegde that I have done a good turn and say thankyou.

This is my rant for the day.
  • Options
    As always mentioned, different people have a different idea of what constitutes as good manners.
  • Options
    please and thankyou and holding doors open ...the very basics are so easy but so sadly lacking.
  • Options
    I think that some people don't know the meaning of good manners... HATE that... try to live with it but... it is hard, right? :\
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I know what you mean, but I'm not REALLY annoyed by people not saying "thank you" and "please", many times I don't even notice. As for myself, I think I say "thanks" too much.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by rachie004
    bad table manners annoy me something else. Eating off/licking your knife? :no:

My boyfriend gets mad at me because I tell him off for not putting his knife and fork together :(
    No offense, but I wouldn't want to be at the same table as you... :)
    I do like good manners; but IMHO, much (if not most) of this whole "Savoir Vivre" thing is stupid.
  • Options
    to be honest i think i have good manners, i just dont show them if im not shown them i.e if a customer is rude then i wont be helpful or say 'please' or 'thank you'

its not a god given right to be treated like royalty you gotta give some back

same with old ladies on the bus, as soon as they get on they give you a cold hard stare just dont have the guts to say 'move im old and i want a seat' i would give up my seat if they were polite about it, otherwise im staying put!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    to be honest i think i have good manners, i just dont show them if im not shown them i.e if a customer is rude then i wont be helpful or say 'please' or 'thank you'

its not a god given right to be treated like royalty you gotta give some back

I agree completely. It just pisses me off when you do obviously do something that you needn't do in order to help someone that they don't say thank you. I then start thinking "well, why do i bother?"
    Originally posted by Britjames
    Give Dave a break, hehe ;)

Hehe :p

This rant wasn't aimed at him. It was just a rant in general :)
  • Options
    Bad table manners piss me off greatly and in bar work, people who don't say please and thankyou and try and give orders whilst you're serving is REALLY annoying.