Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Topic for people who LIKE Christmas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello was just sat watching the ads and saw lots of xmas adverts and it reminded me of how much i luuuurve xmas!! So I want everyone to post their favourite xmas events, memories, items etc just to get in the xmassy mood :) :angel:

1.This year am looking forward to taking my 1 year old little boy to see santa in his grotto :)

2. Love turkey and that wholesome feeling you get with xmas dinner cooking/eaten/finished!

3.WRiting xmas cards and wrapping presents

4. buying sweets and chocs weeks in advance!!

5. putting the decorations up

6. xmas songs

7.xmas eve

could go on....!!!

Comments

• Options
    Re: Topic for people who LIKE Christmas

Bit early, love.

ETA - Although I am looking forward to the ice rink in George Square, the carnival, the night outs, and getting the Xmas grub in.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Topic for people who LIKE Christmas
    Originally posted by BritJames
    :yes: When sommerset house opens up as an Ice Rink for the winter, it's lovely!

Ours is lovely too as we have the christmas lights and there's an old merry go round, helter skelter, roasted chestnut stand. It's a scene SO from a christmas card. :)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Topic for people who LIKE Christmas
    Originally posted by BritJames
    :yes: When sommerset house opens up as an Ice Rink for the winter, it's lovely!

The rink you have to book weeks in advance to go to?
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Topic for people who LIKE Christmas
    Originally posted by 1983
    Ours is lovely too as we have the christmas lights and there's an old merry go round, helter skelter, roasted chestnut stand. It's a scene SO from a christmas card. :)

George Square is lovely at Christmas time. As are Princes St Gardens in Edinburgh. I shall miss that this year. Not sure what Sheffield are putting on but I want to go to the German Market in Leeds in December :)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Topic for people who LIKE Christmas
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    George Square is lovely at Christmas time. As are Princes St Gardens in Edinburgh. I shall miss that this year. Not sure what Sheffield are putting on but I want to go to the German Market in Leeds in December :)

Ooooh! Your first Christmas together, how lovely! Well, it'll be a nice wee change. Maybe Glasgow and Edinburgh'll have a rival ;)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Well, when December comes, I'll go buy everyone presents. Then I get an "accomplice"; usually my mum or grandma, depending on who's house the table will be held, and hide them all there.
    On Christmas day, I get dressed as Santa and give the presents. The show is mainly for my little cousin, but I think he knows it's me too...

Also, first chance I get in December, I stay up late one night and build the Christmas Tree (we use a fake).
  • Options
    too early for this topic? ANyone watching Ant and Decs Saturday Night Takeaway?! LOL 'ave it!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Topic for people who LIKE Christmas
    Originally posted by 1983
    Ooooh! Your first Christmas together, how lovely! Well, it'll be a nice wee change. Maybe Glasgow and Edinburgh'll have a rival ;)

Who knows. I love Edinburgh at Christmas time. I wonder what it will be like here ...

It will be really weird but i'm sure all cities celebrate Christmas in their own way. At least it'll better than Kyle :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by -Di-
    too early for this topic? ANyone watching Ant and Decs Saturday Night Takeaway?! LOL 'ave it!

I SO have to as if the Diamonds can dance at this year's school XMas Concert like the dancers did on SNT ;)
  • Options
    i love it

customers buying you presents, xmas dinner is just so gorgeous and is better than any old sunday roast, buying presents, wrapping them, sending out all the cards, getting nice cards, thinking about the year thats gone and what you've done, parties lots of vol-au-vonts and snacks, booze!, feeling like a little kid when you get your presents, watching other people open the ones you have bought them, all the shopping centres all done up

and then theres new year!!
  • Options
    I'll hate this Christmas... I mean...

24 dec is me and my bf 10th month... but I'll have to spend the eve with my fathers part of the family... I like them very much, but my parents got divorced in october and he will get out in december... my father is too childish and I don't know what to do... if he tries to say something I don't like I guess I'll have to spend my Xmas on the car....

25 dec... mom's part of the family... they think they are better than me because I'm from town and they don't... and I don't know how to cook sophisticated things and stuff... but.. hey! they don't know what is a factorial... they don't know anything bout chemistry... grrrrrrrrrrr worse Xmas ever :crazyeyes