Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A Million Little Pieces

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
edited January 2023 in General Chat
One of the best books I have read in a long time. It is the memoirs of an alcoholic and drug addict and a very honest account of life in rehab.

Go buy :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's great isn't it? I love the way he uses capital letters for all the significant nouns; makes you notice what he's saying so much more. I found some bits of it so hard to read though - took me HOURS to read the dentist bit and the toenail bit - had to keep putting it down every few sentences and then pick it up later on!!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by Butterflykisses
    It's great isn't it? I love the way he uses capital letters for all the significant nouns; makes you notice what he's saying so much more. I found some bits of it so hard to read though - took me HOURS to read the dentist bit and the toenail bit - had to keep putting it down every few sentences and then pick it up later on!!

Those bits were really difficult to read but at the same time so compelling I didn't want to put the book down.

I loved the frankness of the book, there was nothing hidden. It was a very compulsive read.