Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone Watching The Elections?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think it's very exciting, the future of the world will change upon what happens tonight!!

There's some interesting insights too, like if Bush wins they'll probabaly have Hilary Clinton run against him next time BUT if Kerry wins she's stuffed!!!

I didn't realise Kerry is also married to the heiress to the Heinz Ketchup fortune!!!

Comments

• Options
    ive been watching it on and off not tah interested as there both clowns in my opinion

anyways i'll ask who's winning?
  • Options
    Bush at the moment but apparently it means nothing yet, as the 'big' states have yet too be decided, so it will probably come down to a grand finale! Think it's Florida, Pennsylvania and Missouri that are key states.....
  • Options
    i should be watching.. but i'm too sick/exhausted to even sit.....
  • Options
    hope you felel better soon angel (just read your thread in health)

when will it be decided then tomorow afternoon GB time i take it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by rossco
    hope you felel better soon angel (just read your thread in health)

thank you... :)

what's GB?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Nash
    Bush at the moment but apparently it means nothing yet, as the 'big' states have yet too be decided, so it will probably come down to a grand finale! Think it's Florida, Pennsylvania and Missouri that are key states.....

Sounds like a re-play of the Bush/Gore election race. My money is on Bush. Not because I like him but the guy seems to survive almost anything. Like a cockroach. :lol:
  • Options
    GB= great britain

nowt much great bout it at the mo though lol
  • Options
    .....Getting tighter:
    Bush 211
    Kerry 188

270 votes to win but the key States are yet to come into play so it's going to be very tight by the looks of things...
  • Options
    hmm.. i wonder who california will go to....
  • Options
    Free Press International

President George W. Bush and Sen. John Kerry are ninth cousins, twice removed and both are related to Queen Elizabeth.

Bush and Kerry are also related to Hugh Hefner(ninth cousins), Marilyn Monroe, Gen. Douglas MacArthur, Benedict Arnold, Franklin D. Roosevelt, attempted presidential assassin John Hinckley Jr., Princess Diana, George Washington, Charlemagne and Walt Disney.

John Kerry can be traced back to King James I and to the bloodlines of the Windsor and Hanover families.

President Bush is of direct descent to Henry III, Henry VIII's sister Mary Tudor, Louis XI of France and Charles II of England.

Why has mainstream television chosen not to tell the world John Kerry and President Bush are distant cousins and much more?

As a side note, Presidents George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan all had strong blueblood links.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Why has mainstream television chosen not to tell the world John Kerry and President Bush are distant cousins and much more?

... it's pretty well known in america that kerry is related to queen elizabeth....
  • Options
    yeh well i just hope kerry wins......had enough of bush :/
  • Options
    I've got them on in the background, but not really watching them. I don't find them exciting. Curious about the outcome, but that won't be for many many hours yet.
  • Options
    yeh well im going to bed when they call it...been up since 8 :(
  • Options
    Looks to me like Bush will win. Ignorance must be bliss for you Americans. Personally I think as a nation they must be completely stupid and like living in a climate of complete fear. I've got a few friends who live in the US and they've just emailed us back home saying they can't believe what has happened so far. Ah well. :(
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Looks to me like Bush will win. Ignorance must be bliss for you Americans. Personally I think as a nation they must be completely stupid and like living in a climate of complete fear. I've got a few friends who live in the US and they've just emailed us back home saying they can't believe what has happened so far. Ah well. :(

:yes:

I was always extremely surprised that it was always going to be a closely fought battle. Still not over though ... *still optimistic*
    hmm.. i wonder who california will go to....

Democrats.
  • Options
    i think it's rigged, personally. no person in their right mind could willingly vote for that primate.

no offence, monkeys.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i think it's rigged, personally. no person in their right mind could willingly vote for that primate.

no offence, monkeys.

Did you ever watch Farenheit 9/11? They were very skeptical.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Anyone Watching The Elections?
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    the future of the world will change upon what happens tonight!!
    You really believe that?? Poor soul...

And of course it's rigged. Even a lobotomized monkey would be able to see that.
  • Options
    I stayed up until 6 a.m. I really now beleive that loads of Americans are mentally retarded, how can so many of them vote for fucking retarded fucking moron cnt Bush
  • Options
    hang on now... i've just been reading the BBC site, and they are talking about 'projected' wins.

does this mean they are not actually counting all the votes? and if so, how the name of everything that is holy can that be fair?
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    hang on now... i've just been reading the BBC site, and they are talking about 'projected' wins.

does this mean they are not actually counting all the votes? and if so, how the name of everything that is holy can that be fair?

Thats American "Democracy" for you. They are imposing it around the world when they cant even do it themselves. :yeees:
  • Options
    Bush will get shot by an armed Arab in the crowd at 7:46pm EST. Kerry will win.

I hope to God that don't happen other wise I'm in trouble.
  • Options
    Projected wins work here to, its when they are a certain way through counting and they can extrapolate to the result going on past performances and polls.

This isnt 100% accurate but they are normally going to be certain.

So, yes they do count all the votes, they just havent gotten to it yet because there was a massive turn out.

However, it all rests on Ohio, which may not be ready for a week.
  • Options
    I watched quite a bit of it last night/this morning. Kind of.

I'm more worried about Bliar getting reelected, really.

Actually, I don't think I can even be arsed to worry about that.
  • Options
    Blair will get in again next time, its the election after that I'm looking forward to, an all out slug fest of a three way run. Fantastic!
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Blair will get in again next time, its the election after that I'm looking forward to, an all out slug fest of a three way run. Fantastic!

It would be nice to have the hope of a proper choice. :)

Whatever we say about the Americans, it's also worrying that people believe anything Blair says.

What can you do? *mafia style shrug*
  • Options
    Write letters of complaint, badger your MP, perhaps even join up to a political party.

I've been considering a life in politics recently.

Though there really is nothing we can do about the US election. Except maybe talk to any Americans we come accross and try and perswade them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Though there really is nothing we can do about the US election. Except maybe talk to any Americans we come accross and try and perswade them.

But every single American I have come across has said there's no way they'd vote for Bush. Who the hell is voting for him?
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    But every single American I have come across has said there's no way they'd vote for Bush. Who the hell is voting for him?

Probabaly cos everyone you met was living outside of the USA and getting a different point of view compared to that the ones who've never been out of the USA have ever seen.