Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Twin view

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I hooked up an old monochrome monitor along with my color one to my new X800 card... Mad a twin view, and, guess what? It works! Anyone done anything similar?

Comments

• Options
    Re: Twin view
    Originally posted by nmrmak
    I hooked up an old monochrome monitor along with my color one to my new X800 card... Mad a twin view, and, guess what? It works! Anyone done anything similar?

at my old job i used to use two flatscreen TFT monitors running on a dual monitor setup.

My god was it fucking sexy.
  • Options
    I have my TV next to and hooked up to my PC so I can watch movies on it :)

For christmas I hope to get to Iiama TFTs (one with TV tuner) mmm
  • Options
    oh yes i forgot to mention that,

in my room i have a big 28" tv that i have my PC plugged into.

if i download a film from the internet and watch it on my tv, the quality is incredible.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I used to do it to watch DVDs before I got a PS2.
  • Options
    What sort of cable do you need in order to get a computer to output its image onto the TV screen?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Monserrat
    What sort of cable do you need in order to get a computer to output its image onto the TV screen?

Depends on what output your video card has, and what inputs your tv has. EG some video cards have s-video out, some have co-axial out...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Monserrat
    On both of the TV out video cards I've got, they use SVHS outputs, which I use to connect to the TV using an SVHS to SCART cable. And I plug the audio from the audio card out to the aforementioned lead, so I get both sound & video through the TV.