Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Clock Business

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you think of this Business of clocks going backwards and forwards?

I don't see the point and if anything I think we should have put clocks forwards so it's not so frigging dark in the evenings!!

For the first time I went into the gym's roof top car park and it was pitch black!!! Could barely see my car!!

Comments

• Options
    I prefer it, it means that when I get up it actually gets light before lunchtime.

Of course, all the whinging Lahndahners hate it. But fuck em, London's shit anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    I prefer it, it means that when I get up it actually gets light before lunchtime.

Of course, all the whinging Lahndahners hate it. But fuck em, London's shit anyway.

Up yours Kerm!!!

I don't mind it, it means it's actually light when I go to work atm which isn't too bad. I don't mind coming home when it's dark, but going to work when it's dark too pisses me right off.
  • Options
    Dunno. Not bothered.

I'm used to sleeping weird times, so the light/dark issue makes sod all difference.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I whinge at the time but it doesn't affect me a great deal.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    The just want to bring us into line with CET.

Do you mean Romance Standard Time?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    No, I like winter more than summer, so to me it's very welcome to be pitch black and nippy - perfect excuse for pub, log fire + pint

Damn right. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

The only people it's in place for is farmers. I'm starting to think you are actually a farmer more and more with you being in favour of BST, your extreme liking of ale, and your shortening of "the missus" to "t'missus".
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    your extreme liking of ale

Yeah, but he still likes a pleasant drop of VB when the occasion calls for it i'm sure...
  • Options
    It's the sudden jarring between light and dark at the same time of day that upsets me for a couple of weeks. Just puts my (already lousy) bodyclock just that bit further out.
  • Options
  • Options
    The only people it's in place for is farmers. I'm starting to think you are actually a farmer more and more with you being in favour of BST, your extreme liking of ale, and your shortening of "the missus" to "t'missus".

There is something in this. A lot of farmers in this area are always talking towards March how much they're looking forward to British Summer Time. I can't for the life of me work out why. I love in a very strange place, were money no object, I wouldn't be.
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    :eek:

You're so right. I'd never noticed it till now...

When he starts wearing a flat cap it's time to get out :razz:
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    A lot of farmers in this area are always talking towards March how much they're looking forward to British Summer Time. I can't for the life of me work out why.

One of the main reason it's still in place is 'cause farmers don't like to be getting up when it's still dark (as opposed to their usual at dawn) to start their daily work on the farm.
  • Options
    One of the main reason it's still in place is 'cause farmers don't like to be getting up when it's still dark (as opposed to their usual at dawn) to start their daily work on the farm.
    Not all the farmers in this area of the world are on the farm all day. One of them runs a shop by day whilst he expects "the wife" and kids to help out.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Not all the farmers in this area of the world are on the farm all day. One of them runs a shop by day whilst he expects "the wife" and kids to help out.

He's not a real farmer then. Anyway, obviously what I said doesn't apply to every farmer. Even if it did, I'm willing to bet the shop guy does all the morning duties at sun rise before he opens the shop.
  • Options
    He's not a real farmer then. Anyway, obviously what I said doesn't apply to every farmer. Even if it did, I'm willing to bet the shop guy does all the morning duties at sun rise before he opens the shop.

That explains a lot of things.