Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Recording Onscreen Info

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone have any software they use for recording passwords, screenshot of online purchases, etc?

So afr the best solution I have is to simply press PRINT SCREEN button and take a screen shot and paste it into word.

Someone I know for example ordered somethign from DELL and when the order went through they got charged more then the price onthe screeen so I take screenshots as proof just incase but the file aren't small and not really searchable later apart from the file name.

Comments

• Options
    why dont you save the web page?

File - Save (or something like that depening on what browser you use)
  • Options
    Taking screenshots is hardly proof. Anyone with basic knowledge of Paint can edit it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Taking screenshots is hardly proof. Anyone with basic knowledge of Paint can edit it.

as you found out last night ;)
  • Options
    If I make an online purchase, I either just print out the invoice page or save it as an MHT.
  • Options
    Originally posted by jake0
    why dont you save the web page?

File - Save (or something like that depening on what browser you use)

I don't think you can save page from secure websites??

And for the other person .. screenshots are more then enough proof when dealing with a company, last week my friend needed to get a router replaced under warranty but because it was ordered online there was no paper receipt, a screenprint was more then happily accepted as proof of purchase.

You can alter a paper receipt if you wanted to.