Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Boot's considers selling sex toys

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It sounds like a great idea. But I have to say I never expected it, for some reason. Get beauty products and sex toys at the same time. I think women might like it.
  • Options
    they allready can, its called anne summers
  • Options
    You get beauty products in Ann Summers? Hmmm but yeah I don't see the problem with it soo long as they have a part in the shop were kids aren't passing by every day seeing them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    You get beauty products in Ann Summers?

You do? not in any of the shops i've been in or catalogues i've seen! Where are you getting your information MrG?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    You get beauty products in Ann Summers? Hmmm but yeah I don't see the problem with it soo long as they have a part in the shop were kids aren't passing by every day seeing them.

Hmm, I can see that. Mummy takes the kids down to Boots and the mischievous son grabs a vibrator and asks "Mummy, can I have one of those?".
  • Options
    OMgoodness I hope they do! How rare. In time for Christmas! That'd be nice timing, how excellent.
  • Options
    oooh swap advantage points for orgasms :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    oooh swap advantage points for orgasms :D

hehe great...i've got quite a few advantage points saved up :D
  • Options
    I think it'd be alrite aslong as little kids cant see them lol.
  • Options
    It's no surprise that boots are considering selling them. Vibrators and sex toys, have become much more acceptable. Mainly, IMHO, thanks to Ann Summers moving into the high street, and the proliferation of sex toy websites, making it easier to buy them than ever before.
  • Options
    Ok, well... I don't think they should to be honest. If they put them in an 'adults only' environment kids are going to want to know why they can't go into that section, and if they put them on the shelves with others stuff kids are going to pick them up, point at them etc. I think it might also embarrass elderly people!

Nah, I don't think it is a good idea. It doesn't take any more effort to walk into Ann Summers as it does to walk into Boots. Anyway, at my local shopping centre Ann Summers is directly opposite Boots, lol.
  • Options
    I think I agree with BumbleBee.

They can't have them openly on the shelves, IMHO. Even in Ann Summers they aren't openly on the shelves in the main bit of the store.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    They can't have them openly on the shelves, IMHO. Even in Ann Summers they aren't openly on the shelves in the main bit of the store.

Yeah, they're in this little area with signs saying 'over 18s only' etc. It'd make shopping with my mum more interesting though... and perhaps slightly more uncomfortable, lol!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

That I agree. If Boots does decide to sell them, where would the sex toys go?
  • Options
    I used to work in Boots in my hometown and the number of times my teachers used to buy stuff off me... well, let's just say I really, really wouldn't want to know! :eek2:
  • Options
    I think it'd be fairly spunky in some ways, if boots did introduce sex toys...make them so much more accessible to so many more people. I mean, I wanted to get a bzzz machine and had to travel a couples hours to get to the nearest store, but with boots, even in my little town with have a decent sized one of those- convenience YES!

But then, looking at boots, does beg the question where would they go? I mean it'd be nice if they were (probably bad example but like, you know how some people are really intimidated...) like condoms are sold. I mean some people are afraid of approaching all of those or find it really embarrassing but it's like there, subtley, but still displayed for all to see regardless and so you also don't feel like you have to go somewhere specially, ya know, make it seem seedy or something!! Although, cause I'm that kind of nature, I'd confidently stride into a section that was really obviously set aside for sex toys, although making the toys more accessible to a wider range of people would be made more difficult because not everyone is gonna be like that.

Hope that makes sense to someone!

Malt Munk xxx :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Ok, well... I don't think they should to be honest. If they put them in an 'adults only' environment kids are going to want to know why they can't go into that section, and if they put them on the shelves with others stuff kids are going to pick them up, point at them etc. I think it might also embarrass elderly people!

Agree completely.
  • Options
    Originally posted by malteser monkay
    I think it'd be fairly spunky

:lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    :lol:

Bless ya zella!

Malt xxx :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by malteser monkay
    Bless ya zella!

Malt xxx :D

Sorry, but i didnt sneeze
  • Options
    How cool wud that b!! Get all ur hair n beauty products, etc and summin for the weekend too!!:D
  • Options
    Less of the text talk please
  • Options
    When Ann Summers came to Banbury (near where I live) there was one of those advert trailers being towed round. The advert was a picture of a woman in sexy lingerie on the back of a horse with a whip and the slogan was 'Ride a Cock Horse to Banbury Cross' which I thought was such a clever, funny advert but it caused so much uproar in the community! All these old people had their pictures in the paper saying how gross and vulgar it is and everything. Just imagine their reactions if Boots started selling sex toys!

To be honest I don't think they should, because Boots is very much seen as a family store. You buy nappies there, shampoo, cards, make up etc, there is a chemist. Ok so maybe boots want to move with the times, but I don't think the public is ready for this yet. Don't move with the times if the times aren't moving kind of thing. They are becoming less taboo (you should hear the talk in the staffroom at work, for one thing!) but not enough to be sold in highstreet shops.

*breathes*
  • Options
    I think it would totally ace if boots did start selling sex toys. I mean it would make it more sociably acceptable to talk about those sort of things, where as at the moment you would get embarrassed. I also believe that it can't really harm kids if we put them on the top shelves........hmm......okay maybe it wouldn't work....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Knee High Stripy Socks
    All these old people had their pictures in the paper saying how gross and vulgar it is and everything.

And they'd be right too.

Just like Ann Summers, in fact. Crass, vulgar, and not very good.
  • Options
    I gues you have to be open-minded to appreciate this sort of stuff...
  • Options
    It was a really clever advert from a marketing POV.
    I'm not bothered either way about Ann Summers. It's there, deal with it. If you don't like it, don't go in there! :p
  • Options
    I think that in a culture where sex is used to sell everything, why not sell sex aids? Swearing is losing its taboo, sex education is taught to 11 year olds, if profanity and sex itself have lost their taboo, why shouldn’t we be more open about masturbation?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Knee High Stripy Socks
    I'm not bothered either way about Ann Summers. It's there, deal with it. If you don't like it, don't go in there! :p

It's horrible cheap tat, IMHO.

If one wants to waste one's money in there instead of buying quality goods...