Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Girl gets sacked over internet blog

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3955913.stm

I think it's revolting. She didn't mention the Airlines name right up until there was a picture of her in her uniform, and now they've suspended her for an 'indefinate period'. I wanted to put this here rather than politics and debate because I think politics and debate can often get too serious.

Anyway, if there's anybody who wants to leave a message of support her blog is at http://queenofsky.journalspace.com/

Still can't beleive what they suspended her over though, they didn't even give her a warning. Maybe they're in debt so are trying to cut staff numbers down and are just taking it to the extremes?

Comments

• Options
    Re: Girl gets sacked over internet blog
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    I think politics and debate can often get too serious.

I wonder if this will stay here?
  • Options
    I hope it does, because internet blogs are something the majority of posters here can relate to, not just the politics and debate bit. I didn't want this to turn into a debate about the girl and her rights as such, perhaps we could start another thread for that, but I wanted it to be a thread where I could show something which I thought was unfair.
  • Options
    *nods* ok then.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    Serves her right for bringing the company into disrepute and giving off an image Delta Airlines would not want themselves to be perceived of possibly.

I don't understand how she has done this though. I mean, there was one photo of her with a short skirt on.. but surely that would just mean Delta tell her off. Anyway - it was Delta's uniform that caused the offending picture, I think it was far too extreme to suspend her indefinately.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    It's all about company image I would imagine.

Maybe they don't want to be perceived as a sexy company. Regardless of however sexy the women who work for them are.

Well the guy in cahrge must be nuts, do they want to be perceived as a brutal company that doesn't care about it's employees? Because that's just about what's being portrayed in the international press now.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    Yes it's silly but she should of known better

the industry is a strict one and airlines are big on company image and reputation

:yes:
  • Options
    Obviously she'll have ranted about shit working conditions at some point.

It's a US airline though. And a corporate one at that.

Corporate bosses are cunts who deserve to die a horrible painful way, to a man, so I'm not surprised.

I have a lot of sympathy for her. I hope the boss crashes his car on the way home.
  • Options
    I think unlucky or even guted is the words.