Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone going to either of these?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Slinky; Slip Back In Time @ The Opera House, Bournemouth on Friday 15th October
(Room 1: Slipmatt, Vinylgroover, Mark-One (Altern8), Brisk, Hixxy, Bez, MC Natz, MC Space; Room 2: DJ Fresh, Orbit, Element, Marlo, MC Sky, MC Baker)

oooooooooooooor...

Hardcore Til I Die; The UV Ravers Party @ Air; 23/10/04. (Hixxy & Weaver B2B, Force & Styles, Scott Brown, Sy, Marc Smith, Brisk & Kevin Energy B2B, Dougal, Robbie Long & Ham B2B, Mark Ashley, Jelly Beanz Crew. MCs Storm, Whizzkid & Wotsee)

so anyone going to either:confused::):D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    No. I'm going to this though

http://www.unsound-system.org/
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Anyone going to either of these?
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    Slinky; Slip Back In Time @ The Opera House, Bournemouth on Friday 15th October
    (Room 1: Slipmatt, Vinylgroover, Mark-One (Altern8), Brisk, Hixxy, Bez, MC Natz, MC Space; Room 2: DJ Fresh, Orbit, Element, Marlo, MC Sky, MC Baker)

I am goin to this. Lol Baker (MC Baker) is good mate a mine. Plus it's hardcore in at the Opera Holuse :eek2: I don't particualry like the venue but it's something I've got to see.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Plus it's hardcore in at the Opera Holuse I don't particualry like the venue but it's something I've got to see.

Yeah i thought that too:eek2:

Well i'll be down from Brum for that :D, i'll probably see you in there!
  • Options
    See you at HTID! You going all in white? :D

ETA: More looking forward to seeing Sharkey for the first time (in The Harder They Come room as well, c'mon!), as well as Scorpio & Producer B2B.

Brisk & Kevin Energy B2B will be a stomping set, and good to see Force & Styles back together! Quite like the sounds of Altern8 B2B SL2 aswell. :yum:
  • Options
    See you at HTID! You going all in white?

yeah looks good don't it:D

well my mate suggested we commit THE CRIME and go in....... High Vis Vests :D:D:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!

White tshirt, black and white trainers, jeans, high vis vests; lovely!

we'll have to exchange numbers so we can meet up!
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    as well as Scorpio & Producer B2B.

Probably be the best set of the night - especially if someone blags Sharkey to get on the mic.
    Soem of my best memories and tapes are from the Producer or Scorpio sets with Sharkey from Dreamscape and the Technodrome.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Re: Anyone going to either of these?
    Hardcore Til I Die; The UV Ravers Party @ Air; 23/10/04. (Hixxy & Weaver B2B, Force & Styles, Scott Brown, Sy, Marc Smith, Brisk & Kevin Energy B2B, Dougal, Robbie Long & Ham B2B, Mark Ashley, Jelly Beanz Crew. MCs Storm, Whizzkid & Wotsee)

I went to one of those a few months back. Its good. If I had the money I'd go this time too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    Probably be the best set of the night - especially if someone blags Sharkey to get on the mic.
    Soem of my best memories and tapes are from the Producer or Scorpio sets with Sharkey from Dreamscape and the Technodrome.

Sharkey is MC'ing that night, so maybe with a little bit of luck.. :D

However good an MC Ribbz is, hopefully he won't dominate the night and Sharkey will geta couple of sets in.

Scorpio's set in the Technodrome a couple of months ago is one of my most treasured memories (from what I remember of it) he played a blinder. Missed Producer unfortunately (think I was too busy taking a trip down memory lane with the Ratpack :p).

Martin_b: I'll give you a PM with my number, or just chat to you on MSN or something - you got many of you going??
  • Options
    just me and a mate, he's comin up to Brum to visit the uni, so we decided to go.

He fuckin wants to commit 'the crime' go in high vis vests!:D /:( /:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Off to the Opera house any time soon mate.
    I got some happies in my pocket, and I'm ready to get making shapes. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Yeah i thought that too:eek2:

Heart of Gold, Toy Town and Here I Am were all played tonight in the Opera House. Crazy.

It was ram jammed aswell.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!

How goood was that?!?!?!?! :hyper:

that was amazing, people were raving EVERYWHERE!!!

on the stairs, up in the balcony, it looked like a proper RAVE!

Mark ONE's set was class, some quality old skool.

Vinylgroover was cool, some quality hard dance at the end of the night.

The MC (the white one in the nike vest, never seen him before) was really good as well).

I was lookin for you at one point Skive, but your picture didnt help, there were millions of people who looked like that in there.

i hope to god they do that again, although when we came out at about 2.45 there were a few old bill about so i dont know if anything kicked off outside (somethin happenned on the dancefloor during the final hour, some aggro but nothing serious).

Amazing night, well worth coming back down from Brum for!
  • Options
    The MC in the white vest was Charlie B and used to be Slipmatts MC. Who the two shite MC's at the end of Slipmatts set though?
    I thought Slipmatt's set was the best of the night starting off with the old skool and then progressing up to some 96/97 cheesers. You could see that some of the Opera House regs didn't quite know how to dance to the old skool and hardcore - they were standing still while waving glow sticks pathetically. :lol:

There was a pretty serious ruck in the main arena around midnight though, which involved several people. Some matey got absolutely battered and was spilling claret everywhere.

I'm still not too keen on the venue but that was a good night.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    yeah, those two fuckin' '15 barrells of Stella-belly' MC's did my nut in for a bit.

I didnt see the midnight ruck, the one i saw was over by the Left Staging (which i was dancing on) and involved one big bald guy, who then had about 5-6 young lads startin on him.

How come he (Charlie B) USED to be Slipmatt's MC?!?!?! He was wicked:D
  • Options
    How come he (Charlie B) USED to be Slipmatt's MC?!?!?! He was wicked:D

I hadn't seen either play live for quite a while until the other night. They still do events together but it's a bit like Vibes and Livelee - they only play old skool nights now.

Next is Slammin @ Shepton Mallet but after that I can highly recommend this - the Brunel Rooms has to be one of the best venues in the South West. :yes:

Also, Electric @ the Venue in Southampton is now goin to be a weekly event. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    Also, Electric @ the Venue in Southampton is now goin to be a weekly event. :D

God bless MC Marley eh?

I'm just waiting for Jellybeanz in Northampton to go weekly. :o
  • Options
    RIIIIIIIGHT!

Hardcore til i die; 23/10/04.

Really well put on event, lived up to the hype (even thought we had to leave early because a freind felt unwell :( ) but it was wicked, Storm and Whizzkid put on their best show ever with Hixxy and Weaver, and Mark Smith was brilliant.

The new The Harder They Come arena was excellent and really put on a great show (sweatbox bizznizz :D )

BUT there were a few things about this rave tha really set alarm bells ringing and left a bad taste in my mouth...

1) Old Bill In The Main Arena: This one set alarm bells ringing, fully uniformed old bill walking about on the balconys of the main arena; Why? I thought they might have just been their to pick up whoever security were holding BUT they made themselves a little to conspicious for it just to be that.

2) The Harder They Come Arena SHUT DOWN: Why?!?!?!?!?!? have no idea why they did this, we tried to go back up at about 2am and were told it had been shut down.

3) Security: There were a few security running around with pen torches, shining them in peoples eyes (presumably to see if they were beaned up). Why was their pursuit of E users so hard? They would have had to eject half the crowd?!?!?!?!?!?

All this stuff really did leave me thinking; now that the Sancutary is gone, are they gonna start coming down hard on big events again?:confused:

(for all our sakes i REALLY hope this for once is just me being paranoid)
  • Options
    Glad you had a good night mate, even if your mate is a complete lightweight (3.20am - what time did you leave? :p)

The uniformed police is a bit worrying, you see many people getting grief from them while you were there? And what about the DJ's left to play in the Harder They Come? I for one would've been fucking angry if I didn't get to see the Scorpio b2b Producer (or Sharkey if he hadn't play yet). :o

Do the security atAir have a reputation of being nobs, or were they just being extra vigilant because of the police presence? Maybe the old Sanctuary secuirty should hand their infamous bomber jackets to the next generation..

Really gutted I couldn't make this one, will definitely be in attendance next time.
  • Options
    well i didnt see the OB giving anyone hassle, in fact i only saw them saunter past once, it was just their very presence in a main arena at a rave that put me off.

I dont think the other DJs played anywhere else (i mean they wernt gonna replace anyone in the main or old skool arenas).

I dont know the rep of Air security, although they were VERY aggressive on the door, even making simple requests (but fair play they DID have a fuck-off-huge queue staring at them). They cant have been that worried though, as their was blatant dealing going on in the toilets.

Wicked production and an excellent night!:D
  • Options
    Just thought I'd add - fair play to all in attendance in the Harder They Come arena who were stomping so hard the floor started to crack. :thumb:
  • Options
    It was the ceiling i thought :thumb:
  • Options
    According to the guys on USH, it was indeed the ceiling. There was plaster falling on people and a crack appeared.

Now thats what I call HARD!!:D
  • Options
    you damn right boyyyyy we stomped that muthafucka down....aint been a prison built that can match the sweatbox at the sanctuary:D
  • Options
    Heard it was Oli G and Mozz's ultra hard gabba.:shocking: Can't belive I missed that.:banghead:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ants
    Heard it was Oli G and Mozz's ultra hard gabba.:shocking: Can't belive I missed that.:banghead:

It's actually quite good to see their names up there with all the big boys, out of all the new-ish producers they've really shined (especially Oli G but Mozz is a top class DJ regardless).

If we see more of them, and Gammer I'll be a happy man. :cool:
  • Options
    Not sure I can be dealing with Gabba for extended periods, a mate is properly into it, he goes to seriously wierd events around London.

Sick and Twisted is supposed to be good, and Live Evil is coming up too.
  • Options
    Myself, I love the Dutch Hardcore stuff. Can't be doing with the ligthning paced beats stuff though.
  • Options
    Just proper Elation Boys (Ponder and HB) type FreeForm Hardcore is perfect for me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ants
    Myself, I love the Dutch Hardcore stuff. Can't be doing with the ligthning paced beats stuff though.

:yes:

Dutch hardcore used to be better though. 96 stylee.
    Weekender Offender