Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is she cheating on me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've suspected for some time now that my girlfriend has been having an affair. The usual signs. Phone rings, I answer, someone hangs up.
She started going out 'with the girls' a lot recently although when I ask which girls it is always "Just some friends from work, you don't know them". I always look out for her taxi coming home but she always walks down the drive although I can hear a car setting off, as if she has got out of the car round the corner. Why? Is it not a taxi?
I once picked her mobile up just to see what time it was and she went beserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my girlfriend. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth but last night she went out again and I decided to check on her.
I decided I was going to hide behind my car which would give me a view of the whole street so I could see which car she gets out of. It was whilst crouched behind my car that I noticed rust around my rear wheel arch.

Should I take it into a body repair shop or should I buy some stuff from Halfords and try to repair it myself?

Comments

• Options
    Rust, depends how deep it's gone. You could try some anti rust stuff from halfords and keep and eye on it.
  • Options
    Ok thanks. Don't really wanna have to fork out a lot of money on it. I'll have a look in Halfords.
  • Options
    Who cares about the rust:D

What car did your gf get out of?
  • Options
    I dunno, I wasn't looking. I was more pissed off about the rust being there than anythign else :(.
  • Options
    Do you really have a girlfriend or are you taking the piss?
  • Options
    Felix...you muppet!

Have you not thought of just approaching the subject with her?! I know it's hard because she'll perceive that you don't trust her, but you have enough to say that would bring forth an honest argument that she could be cheating. If she finds you crouched behind the car...well although examining rust on your car is a feasible (and sadly accurate!) excuse...it's not the proper 'mature' way of approaching the subject and getting honest answers. You're just gonna have to go for it, the only way to get an answer is to ask a question so...I hope you do before it eats away at you...much like that menacing RUST...good luck

Malt Munk xxx :)
  • Options
    Hate to say it, but everything you said rings alarm bells. I've been there before, and did the ostrich-head-in-sand-thing for a while before waking up to the truth that she was cheating on me.
    It started with coming home late the odd day, then night out with "friends from work", etc. Then nights staying at "friend's" places. It was obvious by then. The denied it, called me a few choice names when it was obvious what I was getting at when questioning her, denied it totally, tried to make me feel guilty for bringing it up, and trying to make out that everything was my fault, and it was my questioning her, suspecting her, etc that caused the end of the relationship. Bitch!
    Then there were the constant text messages, being secretive, never leaving her phone where I could get it, etc.
    Anyhow, I did eventually find the evidence I needed to know I was right, and know exactly what was going on.

She's cheating on you. Simple as that. Although it seems sad to follow, lurk, etc, just catching her out that once will help you know you were right, and that your suspicions were justified.

By accident I caught my ex out. She had been telling half truths about where she was, and (I suspected) some outright lies. Then one day I had to drop some forms off at the Uni, and drove up. The road was about half a mile beyond where we lived, and totally the opposite direction from where she worked. I got stuck in traffic, and suddenly realized that my girlfriend was walking along the pavement just ten yards in front of me with someone else who I recognized as her manager from work. The traffic crawled along, so I kept just behind them for a while. If she'd looked over her shoulder she would've seen my car just a few yards behind her. Eventually the traffic ground to a halt and I was stuck in it, and they carried on walking. Thing is, her manager lived a bit further up the road (though I didn't know where), and because of being stuck in traffic I didn't see where they went.
    I didn't say anything about seeing her for a few days.
    Then we were chatting, and she said something about not coming straight home. I said something like "going up ****** Avenue again?" She said she hadn't been up there. I said "on Friday" She gave me one of those fake quizzical looks as if to say "I don't know what you mean". So I explained that I had to go up there and was stuck in traffic, etc. You could just see the look on her face change and hear the cogs and gears whirring in her head as she realized she'd been caught out and was thinking of an excuse. "Oh.... I just went for a coffee after work. I'd forgotten about that." Yeah, as if. The look on her face gave her away, she'd been caught lying, and hiding up the fact that she'd gone up to the area where her manager lived.
    Now, it is quite feasible they did go for a coffee, as there are plenty of coffee shops up there, and it's something we used to do. And I did loose sight of them eventually as I was stuck in traffic, so I didn't see where they ended up. But what do you think was most likely? Coffee? ...Or back to his place?
    Anyhow, as I said, I eventually found absolute proof, though never confronted her about it as the way I found out was a bit devious, but irrefutable proof.
    She broke my heart at the time, but looking back I'm glad to see the back of her.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    I dunno, I wasn't looking. I was more pissed off about the rust being there than anythign else :(.

Dude, everyone seems to be taking this girlfriend thing more seriously. Lets face it, it was probably her driving that put the rust there anyway, and that's a ditchable offense. How was halfords?
  • Options
    i thought you didnt have a girlfriend.....:chin:
  • Options
    Fiend, I think I can fix her up. I really don't wanna screw it up because she is my first proper one, had her along time now, and I don't wanna trade her in for a newer model just because of this small problem you know? If I tell my girlfriend what I've seen she will think I'm being stupid so I don't know no whether or not to try and fix it my self or go see someone who deals with this type of thing all the time. I'm so confussed, it's never happened to me before. I think I will talk to her first.
  • Options
    I know it's important buddy. But you've got to bear in mind that your first isn't always going to be your last. They're not all that good, and you're not always that suited to each other. Don't be afraid to let go, especially over damage of this kind. It can be like cancer...
  • Options
  • Options
    haha @ all the people sympathising!

it's a joke that originally made more sense on this car enthusiast boards.

nice one though, the fact people thought you were serious made it 10x funnier
  • Options
    :lol: Very good. I like it! :lol:
  • Options
    I care about cars, you can ram it up your arse...
  • Options
    ownedmickey.jpg

Oh Kiezo, it was off another forum ;).
  • Options
    I laughed up until the point where I realised I wrote a fair sized thread with a serious response and was made to look like a titty! And specially sorry for Mr_wobble who took a lot of time and diliberation writing to you in a similar serious manner. I would find it more amusing, had I not been involved...:rolleyes: obviously! Funny...but at the same time not...I can take a joke...honest! :D but, made to feel dumb when I came here to feel useful :(:p

Malt Munk xx:)
  • Options
    i dont get it :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    i dont get it :(

The top post in this thread is the same as the top post in Kiezo's link.
  • Options
    It was quite obvious he was taking the piss. Still, there's a forum for this kind of thing. People went to some serious lengths to give serious replies more fool them, lol!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    It was quite obvious he was taking the piss. Still, there's a forum for this kind of thing. People went to some serious lengths to give serious replies more fool them, lol!

That was the idea :razz: If he posted it in Anything Goes he'da got all the people in there that hadn't caught on going "OMG THIS SI TEH WRONG FORAM!!!!1`~#".
  • Options
    I do note that he edited his first post though.

I hope he didn't cheat.
  • Options
    Spolling mistackes Cermit. ;).
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Spolling mistackes Cermit. ;).

Oh, I'll let you off then;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by malteser monkay
    I laughed up until the point where I realised I wrote a fair sized thread with a serious response and was made to look like a titty! And specially sorry for Mr_wobble who took a lot of time and diliberation writing to you in a similar serious manner. I would find it more amusing, had I not been involved...:rolleyes:
    Gah! You too. Damnit. There are only two courses of action - 1. Get him back on a thread someday. 2. Be cautious or not bother with Felix's threads/posts in the future, which could be a bummer for him if he ever truly needs some real advice.
  • Options
    This is doing the rounds now i've read it 3 times on different forums now:D