Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

GF advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi
First of all to cut a long story short, me and my GF wre friends for ages before we started seeing each other about a week ago. I knwo soo much about her, what type of person shes like, one for the lads is a way to put it mildly. In the relationship though I just get the distinct impression shes not bothered at all. I dont know if this is what most girls do, but its messin my head up. I always txt her first, tlk on msn etc, put the effort in, but the replies I get, seem to be false and as though she cant really be arsed in replying at all. I don't know if Im being too forward or eager etc but when I told my m8 (male) that I was going to not txt her over the weekend to see if she gave a shit, he went mad at me saying that ill loose her If i do things like that. All her friends say that shes just like that, but she does like me really, all her frnds are my friends aswell so its difficult to tell whether they are telling the truth or not, but many of them have said that they dont think well last long becoz my GF gets bored easily :S it just makes me feel like crap, because I dont know whether im fighting a lost cause or not. Do girls normally do this type of thing, play it cool , if you want to phrase it like that!

Comments

• Options
    some girls act like this, some dont. surely if you knew each other loads b4 you got together, you could talk to him. communicate :yes:
    SBG
  • Options
    my Girlfriend is a her believe it or not ;) I know I should tlak to her but its goin about it without seeming too forward and for lack of a better word, eager. Thanks for the reply though its much appreciated
  • Options
    Must admit I get bored in a relationship if she ain't keeping me on my toes. I was gonna suggest to you not to text her for about 2 days, she what she does. I'm not one that's gonna do all the chasing, if fact I would rather me chased by her and play a little hard to get which she could be doing with you to see how much effort your willng to put in. Girls are weird like that. Maybe to see how keen you are.

If you do decide to ask her, which I think is a good idea, just say "what's up? You don't seem to happy at the moment? It seems like you don't wanna speak to me." Or just summit like that.
  • Options
    Thats a great Idea!!!:D But dont you think shell think im being desperate askin her wats up 4 not tlkin 2 me proper for a few days, she might think that if i say to her "you dont seem to want to speek 2 me" that im, too keen. But your right about the first bit, id much rather be chased than chase her 24/7 becuase it makes me feel like she aint bothered.
    Thanks again, all this help is really appreciated
  • Options
    My ex was very similar to this, she never put effort in and i was always the one arranging to meet up etc. Me too was kinda scared to approach her about it and because of this she got bored and broke up with me. Most people on this board will know i was in quite a state and i dont want the same thing to happen to others.

I dont know your girlfriend at all but if you think that she will be ok with you talking to her then i seriously suggest speaking to her about things. It may be valuble to you or it may not. Im sorry to say it but love is a huge risk, only give your heart to someone who will love and cherish it, not put in on the shelf.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    Thanks for that, but i cant help who i fall 4 :( But i suppose thats life isnt it. Im going to talk to her later on via txt or msn, so Ill see if she seems interested at all by what i say, if so i might ask her whats been up the last few days if not, im leaving it because i don't want an earful. I just think shes so used to going out with people who dont really give a shit about her, so she thinks that is the norm. I don't know really. Thanks for you reply, especially as you've been through something similar.
  • Options
    She could just be doing this to see how bothered you are with her, because i know i do this and did it with my Ex, its not the best thing to do though because it messed my bloody relationship up! i think you should leave it and see if she texts you first, it could be just the fact shes trying to see if you really like her. although when my Ex didn't text me i wouldn;t text him because i thought if he wanted to talk to me he would get intouch with me. its childish i know, maybe she is just like that with boys because shes a little insecure? as i know thats the reasons for me doing it.
    I'm sure everything will work out though :)