Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

lost phone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i know this should be in computers and net but not many people go in there nowdays

anyways ive lost my phone nd of course all my backed up data on the computer got scrubed the other week as i had to reinstall winblows and i have none of the numbers is there any way i can phone up my network and get the numbers of my sim card or am i being a bit too optimistic?

many thanks

Rossco

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Don't think they have the ability to do so?
  • Options
    Re: lost phone
    Originally posted by rossco
    i know this should be in computers and net but not many people go in there nowdays

anyways ive lost my phone nd of course all my backed up data on the computer got scrubed the other week as i had to reinstall winblows and i have none of the numbers is there any way i can phone up my network and get the numbers of my sim card or am i being a bit too optimistic?

many thanks

Rossco

No .. the numbers are stored on the SIM Card
  • Options
    baws!!! oh well looks like many phone calls to get numbers back

thanks anyway
  • Options
    No, but you should ring your mobile company anyway, so they can block the phone.
  • Options
    have one more place too check before i block it but cant get there till the morning so will check its outa battery and its got a pin on it so it should be safe if its wherre i think it is
  • Options
    If you don't find it, get an IMEI block put on it by your phone company.

If you find it, they can undo it apparently.
  • Options
    sound will go do that now
  • Options
    Lost my phone, got it blocked and they sent me a new sim card, same number and such, just blank. The only reason it was blank though, so I was told, was that the numbers were stored on my handset and not on the sim, so I'm supposing, if they were stored to the sim, the company might have a replica sim made with all the details on? Not a phone wizz though so...that's all I got

Malt Munk xx :D
  • Options
    cheers malteser monkay they were on the sim so fingers crossed i can get em back need the number of a certain woman :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by rossco
    baws!!! oh well looks like many phone calls to get numbers back

thanks anyway

Ahh, but if you don't know their numbers how can you call them to get the numbers back!
  • Options
    i'd presume phonecalls to people he does have the numbers of to get other people's phone numbers and then he can get mroe numbers off of those people, etc.
  • Options
    I hate when people answer back for the person when all I'm doing is joking. :( It runis my plans.

Damn you.
  • Options
    sorry :(

i'll add it to the list of things i've done wrong/suppoed to have done today then...