Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The woman with seven personalities

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
The Woman with Seven Personalities: Extraordinary People (Documentary)

Time - 21:00 - 22:00 (1 hour long)
When - Monday 18th October on five

Ruth Selwyn presents an amazing documentary about her old friend Helen, who has a rare condition commonly known as Multiple Personality Disorder. Ruth follows Helen and her seven different personalities over a period of months to explore how she copes with life and to investigate what exactly has happened to her friend. We hear the views of different psychology camps as to why she suffers from this rare condition.

Anybody else watching this... what are your thoughts on it all
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Yeh i got caught up watching never mind the buzzcocks so missed a lot of it myself :blush:
  • Options
    I watched it. It was... fascinating. She was talking away as herself and then suddenly her face or voice switched and she said hello and stuff as a different personality. It was well worth watching i think.

All that bothered me was that she had scars from self harm all up both her arms which one of her troubled teenager personalities had done. It was... triggering. *shrug* that's just me being oversensitive though. Brave woman. the amount of meds she had to take was troubling and the harm that some of the personalities did to her body (cutting, drinking) was really sad. She kept a diary where all of the different personalities wrote when she was being them if that makes sense and it was really enlightening.

I'm glad I watched it :)
  • Options
    Very touching and at times sad documentary.

I've always been very intrigued by the complexity of multiple personality disorder. It's incredible how the voices and even the handwriting will differ from one character to another.

It is bizarre how all personalities seemed aware that they were created by the 'mother' person, Helen, and how Helen is the ultimate 'owner' of the body. Amazing how they would all leave messages for each other in a shared diary, and how some characters would drink- and hide the alcohol so the others would not throw it away- and some did not drink at all.
  • Options
    It was interesting to watch. Certainly informed me mroe of the condition. It was sad to see what it had done to her bodyu, the scars etc. But it was worth watching.

Bit of an eye opener
  • Options
    scary.......the way she jumped.....:crazyeyes