Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

More from yesterdays post

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I did this post yesterday Drunkard Tells Me Dark Secrets well the drunkard who like, confessed all, has since been emailed by this guy who says that he's angry at the implication that he'd do anything like this to any of his close and special friends...and he's like saying to me "I wanna know this guys explanation for violating you, I wanna know the truth, I think the only way I can lift the weight off my shoulders is to just tell him everything...etc..."what happened to the friend I confided in? I'm scared witless that alls gonna come out, everythings gonna turn up side down and I'm sitting here panicking because this guys bringing it all back up and it's like, he's questioning my honesty and everything and I can't deal with - it's making me cry, making me nervous and I'm just scared and angry and, what do I do? I regret saying a word, confided this to anyone.

Malt Munk xxx
:(

Comments

• Options
    have you considered confronting the person who actually abused you?
    You dont owe anyone any explanations, especially not the person who breached your confidentiality.
    You must be feeling very vunerable right now :( Have you got any close female friends you can confide in. What about your mum?
  • Options
    Thank you for replying so quickly, it's really appreciated! It happened to me months ago, and he's really tight with my friendship group, we spend everyday of college together as apart of this group, and like, I've known him since I reception...I'm very closed and don't deal with confrontation, and tbh the guy scares me witless so approaching him about it isn't something I'm strong enough to do just yet.

Vulnerable, yeah. There's one person who is helping me out a lot though, he's amazing, just helping and talking me through and I'm like seeing him to, so it's nice to have someone that close, am tempted to like, give him a ring shortly. He's someone who isn't in with any of my friends because alot of my female friends, the closest in fact, the violating guy is her bestest mate so, it's difficult!

I just can't believe this other guy. He's just...so self-centred and insensitive. I used to cut a while back when things got really bad, he's giving me that panicking feeling, but the last thing I wanna do is cut...! Which is nice but still scary because I just, don't feel any sense of control over a situation that's about me. It's frightening and disheartening to put your trust in someone, and have it so easy just disregarded.

x :(
  • Options
    hugs to you.
    It sounds to me like you need a bit of a break from that group of friends.
    Maybe theyre not as close friends as you think, if you feel this frightened.
    What do you think would actually happen if they found out the truth? What are you actually frightened about? being disbelieved, causing trouble, this man hurting you?
    you mustnt forget that YOU havent done anything wrong here, and if any trouble comes of this, it says more about them than it does about you.
    I would seriously think about widening your friendship group and maybe trying to let go of this group you have at the moment, if you really feel they wouldnt be supportive of you. On the other hand, you might be surprised if you actually told someone.
  • Options
    My friends our good, supportive people, some of them under the influence of alcohol are assholes which is why what happened happened. I've known most of them for between 5-14 years so, you can imagine, letting go after so long is daunting. I had tried to forget this ordeal, but like, it's coming back without me wanting it to, I was moving on trying to pull myself out and it returns. I did tell some of my closest friends (the one who blabbed used to be quite reliable as i thought...) and they are generally good people. I know that this bloke has tried it on with other girls, like, when they were drunk and fairly out of it always in too public a place so he'd stop if he thought he'd be seen, when it happened to me, we were alone.

I can see support from some of them, but the idea of having to deal with all over again, is just terrifying, I want to walk away and leave it, and i did untill this prick got drunk.

Malt x
  • Options
    its not going to go away though. Its obviously really hurt you that this has happened and I think its natural to try and push it away, and pretend it didnt exist, but thats called being in denial. It doesnt do you any favours.
    I think youre going to have to talk to someone about it. The secret is out, so you dont have much choice.
    I hope it goes OK for you.
  • Options
    Thank you for all your advice and for replying to me Rainbow Brite!! I appreciate it so much, think I need to stand back, take in all your advice and pull together exactly what I need to do. Thank you so much!!

*peck on the cheek*

Malt Munk xxx:)
  • Options
    :)