Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

could i be pregnant?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
helllllo

Comments

• Options
    It is feasible to get pregnant after having sex, then your period, due to some sperm still being inside, but from what I know of the subject (not a great deal as it's not often discussed, and there aren't many articles about it) it's very rare.
    But you use condoms, and the pill, which is a bit of a belts and braces approach, so I seriously doubt it unless you're extremely unfortunate. I assume you take the pill regularly, and use condoms when you're ill (as illness can affect the pill's effectivness), so there shouldn't be anything to worry about.
    Hmm, not very positive so far. :o You're young, it's only natural to worry about everything like that, mull it over in your mind, think about it all the time, and worry about it too much, blowing it up out of all proportion. You know there's little chance of getting pregnant. You're just naturally worring about it.
  • Options
    it is very unlikely, but i your worried take a test.
  • Options
    I would say that the chances of you being pregnant are close to zero, since you have had a period since your `messing around`. It sounds like youre being extra careful now though, so dont worry.
  • Options
    If you've had a period since then it's unlikely you are pregnant. Are you using condoms properly? Here's a link to a step-bu-step guide that might be useful:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onelife/health/sex/condom.shtml

If you are still worried about pregnancy, visit your GP or call one of the following helplines:

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Telephone: 0800 0185023
    www.brook.org.uk

Family Planning Association
    Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Helpline: 0845 3101334
    www.fpa.org.uk
  • Options
    Re: could i be pregnant?
    Originally posted by xBunnyGal16x
    The thing is me and my ex messed about without a condom (some could of got in (dint fink)) n we had sex with a condom when he withdrew the condom stayed in me and ive had a period since but could i be pregnant?

The contraceptive pill is about 98% effective.

So yes, you could.

But very unlikely.

I would also remind you that sex under the age of 16 is illegal, and not generally a good idea.
  • Options
    what does dint fink mean? is it didnt think?
  • Options
    yeah sorry Ive got to get out of the habbit of text chat!
  • Options
    Originally posted by xBunnyGal16x
    yeah sorry Ive got to get out of the habbit of text chat!

yes, you have.

next time people won't be as nice:)
  • Options
    surely a good idea would be to have a test :rolleyes: