Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What a day... (long read)

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
edited March 27 in Work & Study
So yesterday I was supposed to go to university to subscribe for the 2nd semester. I don't know why, but there was only one day in which one could do this. So I get there and... the teachers are on a strike and all doors are closed.
So I think, I'll wait until the strike ends and go then. But today I woke up too late (about 2pm) and when I turned on my mobile, I get a message from a friend saying that today is when I can subscribe. So I get dressed and ready to go as fast as I can (you understand that I was already very enervated(word?) already). On that precise moment, my mum gets home so I thought that if she drove me there I'd go quickier. But instead of calming me down or something, all she can is start to shout at me about it. And as if THAT wasn't enough, she calls the university to ask about it, although I already had, as if I'm some helpless little kid that needs to be saved by his mummy from the bad people.
So, after an hour (and still enraged) I arrived there, where I found out that the time in which I could subscribe had ended. Met some of my friends(?) from the previous year, who told me I can (possibly) subscribe tomorrow too (according to the secretary, I can only apply and hope the council accepts it).
Somehow they manage to calm me down, thank them. And then I find out that all of them except one had planned to go to someone's house and they didn't ask me (or the other one) if I wanted to come. Maybe this one shouldn't have made me feel bad, but it did.

So, anyway, I'll go there tomorrow morning and hope I can subscribe. If I can't, I'll have to wait until January, doing nothing until then. I was so looking forward to starting again, and now I might need to stay at home for 6 more months...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Is it me or, had this thread been made by one of some other people, it would have replies like "Don't feel that bad" and "Good luck for tomorrow" or even "It's your fucking fault, idiot, for not waking up early"?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    or even "It's your fucking fault, idiot, for not waking up early"?

lol, sorry that did make me laugh :lol:

and DONT forget to set your alarm clock for tomorrow :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    lol, sorry that did make me laugh :lol:

and DONT forget to set your alarm clock for tomorrow :D
    Don't worry, I won't. And seriosuly, I prefer being insulted than ignored.
  • Options
    I told you that there were some ignorant barstewards here didnt I :p
  • Options
    Maybe people read what you've wrote but feel they've got nothing constructive to add or that maybe of some help to you hence they don't post.

I wasn't going to post anything as I felt I had nothing to add. This thread I class as one of the ones where you get lots of views but not many replies. As what you've written sounds like a rant/ get off chest type of thing which should in theory make you feel better after creating this thread:)
  • Options
    T.E.I.? ;)
  • Options
    Did the alarm go off....or more to the point, did you get up when it went off :p
  • Options
    I didn't see this post sorry, Hope you are ok.
  • Options
    Why can't you enrol tommorow then? I can't believe you would have to wait until Janurary? That's fucked up mate... We've had a whole bunch of late enrollers joining up Eng Lang level 1A at my uni. Weird...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kelly
    T.E.I.? ;)
    Yaha, right here in Athens. I'm getting used to it, though it's pretty fucked up... :)

Sorry I was like that yesterday, I guess I was still a bit angry about the whole thing. But truth is, I did expect some "good luck"s.
    Anyway, as for today: I got there in time (too early actually) found out that there are at least 3 more with the same problem and applied. They said the council will decide if it is accepted, so I just have to wait and see. Lessons start on Monday.
    I just hope the exceptional luck I had today extends into that matter.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    Yaha, right here in Athens. I'm getting used to it, though it's pretty fucked up... :)

Sorry I was like that yesterday, I guess I was still a bit angry about the whole thing. But truth is, I did expect some "good luck"s.
    Anyway, as for today: I got there in time (too early actually) found out that there are at least 3 more with the same problem and applied. They said the council will decide if it is accepted, so I just have to wait and see. Lessons start on Monday.
    I just hope the exceptional luck I had today extends into that matter.

Hope it all works out ok.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Hope it all works out ok.
    Thank you. Maybe I'll know on Monday. I don't know what I'm going to do if it's not accepted...
  • Options
    Don't worry, I'm sure they'll accept you! Good luck anyhow!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kelly
    Don't worry, I'm sure they'll accept you! Good luck anyhow!
    Thank you.
  • Options
    Zalbor, please apply to become a permanent diarist for this website. Contact one of the mods, they'll give you the details. Not Susie, though. She scares me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Zalbor, please apply to become a permanent diarist for this website. Contact one of the mods, they'll give you the details. Not Susie, though. She scares me.
    A permanent diarist? :lol: I hope I could be.
    That was one in a million. Normally my life is practically non-existent, every day is 90% the same as the previous one. I haven't told you, but I've been reading your thread at health. Except for a couple of things, we're almost the same.
  • Options
    Well...how'd you fare? I stumbled across your post and just wanted to see if you were accepted back? :blush: