Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Weightless feeling in my arms.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've got the weird weightless feeling in my arms, its really beginning to worry me. I've been to the GP and i've had blood tests and the results were normal. I also get a tingling feeling in my left arm and leg, weird i know but the doctor basically has no idea. it's been like this for about 3 months now.

anyone else ever experienced a similar thing or have any ideas what it maybe be? Its really worrying me. CheersX

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, it could be stress but I cannot say for sure. What was your GP testing for, d'u know? It maybe an idea to get a second opinion... do you have any other symptoms?
  • Options
    all my friends say stress too.

I get pains in my chest too, which is extremely scary. Work has been v.stressful as of late so maybe it is just stress, i know i've put weight on recently but i fail to believe i have a heart condition at the age of 19 when im reletively fit. My blood pressure is actually a little low and i've had an ECG which was also perfectly fine.
  • Options
    Well if your ECG was fine then I would say it is due to stress/anxiety, because those ECGs are usually pretty accurate. Anxiety is a master at mimicking health conditions, and the pains in your chest are also a tell tale sign of anxiety. If you are worried then just speak to your GP and tell them that you are worried about it and ask if it could be stress related... It will also give you peace of mind because you will be worrying about your health as well as work which will cause more stress :(.

Might be an idea to mention this to your boss as well so he/she could take the work load of you. In the mean time just try to take things easy and don't worry so much about stuff.

Have a look at:

Anxiety and Stress

Coping with Stress
  • Options
    Re: Weightless feeling in my arms.
    Originally posted by juice1984
    i've got the weird weightless feeling in my arms, its really beginning to worry me. I've been to the GP and i've had blood tests and the results were normal. I also get a tingling feeling in my left arm and leg, weird i know but the doctor basically has no idea. it's been like this for about 3 months now.

anyone else ever experienced a similar thing or have any ideas what it maybe be? Its really worrying me. CheersX
    Is it just tingling or do you have weakness or pain too?

Do you suffer with migraines?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I have almost exactly the same thing! Though for me it's pretty rare... I thought it may be hypoglukemia(sp?) but all blood tests were perfect. My doctor's opinion is the same as what you've been told many times: Stress. So you should believe it, and work on it.
  • Options
    Anaemic perhaps?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Anaemic perhaps?
    Possible, but more likely to be bilateral?

The tingling could be a consequence of a panic attack.
  • Options
    is it the same weightlessness you feel after lifting a heavy object?