Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

3 Years Today!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
You know something, I left the United Kingdom 3 years ago today to move to New Zealand... I can now apply for NZ Citizenship and get my Kiwi passport!

I flew over here via KL, even posting a thread on my travels, lived on Waiheke Island for one year, got a job working in an electronics store as a sales rep, did my MCSA course, got a new high-paid IT job and moved to Auckland, met my girlfriend of 2 years, started up my own dance event company, made myself a name DJing, sorted out a deal with Tidy Trax, toured two internationals, supporting over 21 names, won a 42" tv at mcdonalds.. etc. etc.

Christ... its been a fast paced few years!

Just thought you might like to know... 3 years today ;)

Comments

• Options
    Happy Anniversary... :birthday:
  • Options
    Thats pretty amazing really how things turn out.
    It must have been pretty scary to make such a drastic move, but looking back, imagine if you hadnt!
  • Options
    good on yer justin ...you seem to have worked out well boy!
    well you do don't you ...it is realy nice to hear of someone who has done ok and is enjoying life.
    all power to you mate.
    yes i have been keeping up with your posts even if nt replying.
    one day ...one day ...you'll be booking me to come and sing some tom waits songs ...well ...maybe not.
  • Options
    Congratulations, i'd love to move away to another country, and stay there for that time, but i don't think i'd be able to leave England for as many years as that! its good that you've managed to start a life there all on by yourself :)
  • Options
    Congratulations. Heard it was extremely hard to get citizenship in New Zealand... so fair play mate... good job! :yes:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    You've done well mate. :D

It doesn't seem anything like three years ago. Makes me feel old and that I've been here too long.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Well done... whats a kiwi passport? is it the same as a regular passport with a new zealand adding a little zing to it?
  • Options
    Well done, its always nice to read how well you are doing :).
  • Options
    Originally posted by aimz
    Well done... whats a kiwi passport? is it the same as a regular passport with a new zealand adding a little zing to it?

kiwi's a nickname for new zealanders, like Yanks for the americans.

i liked my kiwi, pity he turned out to be a right idiot.
  • Options
    Originally posted by queenmab_roo
    kiwi's a nickname for new zealanders, like Yanks for the americans.

i liked my kiwi, pity he turned out to be a right idiot.
    Ah sorry to hear that...

can you tell me why new zealanders hate being called aussie's? and vice versa... its an easy mistake to make
  • Options
    Same reason as why canadians hate being taken for americans and pakistani's don't like being thought of as indian, and vice versa. People tend to be proud of where they come from.
  • Options
    Thats pretty cool, did you move over by yourself?

My boyfriends aunt from New Zealand is over at the minute and she has invited us over to stay, there is no way i could sit on a plane for that long, although apparently it only takes 10 weeks on a boat, hmmmm :chin:
  • Options
    Re: 3 Years Today!
    Originally posted by Justin Sane
    You know something, I left the United Kingdom 3 years ago today to move to New Zealand... I can now apply for NZ Citizenship and get my Kiwi passport!

I flew over here via KL, even posting a thread on my travels, lived on Waiheke Island for one year, got a job working in an electronics store as a sales rep, did my MCSA course, got a new high-paid IT job and moved to Auckland, met my girlfriend of 2 years, started up my own dance event company, made myself a name DJing, sorted out a deal with Tidy Trax, toured two internationals, supporting over 21 names, won a 42" tv at mcdonalds.. etc. etc.

Christ... its been a fast paced few years!

Just thought you might like to know... 3 years today ;)

Is it just me or is anyone else more impressed about the 42" TV then anything else :D

Not fair I want one!!! :)
  • Options
    DomDom Deactivated Posts: 344 The Mix Regular
    Ah sorry to hear that...

can you tell me why new zealanders hate being called aussie's? and vice versa... its an easy mistake to make

Don't start me....
  • Options
    Many people forget, that NZ is a completly independent country to Australia, but many people assume its part of australia, it would be like me saying your irish, or that you have an irish accent...

Its a friendly rivalry more than anything, its not like NZ and Aussie are bitter enemies
  • Options
    Originally posted by Justin Sane
    Its a friendly rivalry more than anything, its not like NZ and Aussie are bitter enemies
    not like saying wales is in england then!
  • Options
    Congratulations! :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    But by saying the capital of New Zealand is Sydney, you'd be brutally executed publically ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

Ugh. I don't see why people like being Welsh. Personally I think the country sucks more than Jordan does.
This discussion has been closed.