Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Greenhouse Gases

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The flatulence of sheep, cattle and other farm animals accounts for 25% of world methane emissions. Australian scientists are working on injections to reduce the creatures' production of one of the worst greenhouse gases, the New Scientist reports.

From the BBC's ten things, I read the above. I'm wondering what the thoughts of the good people are on the state of climate control and whether controlling the farts of animals will make any difference when humans can't control themselves yet. And when volcanoes are the biggest source of greenhouse gases on the planet.

just for the random information of the day.
There are now more different kinds of cheese made in the UK than France, thanks to new blends being devised, the British Cheese Board says.

Comments

• Options
    Re: Greenhouse Gases
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    volcanoes are the biggest source of greenhouse gases on the planet.

my 4x4 won't make much of a difference then.
  • Options
    :rolleyes: My point was that restraining NATURAL sources of polution makes no difference when we create so many ourselves.

Just as an aside, oil is an extremly finite resource, and you're making things worse.
  • Options
    :rolleyes: v
    you're making things worse.
    that's all i heard since i was a kid! it's always my fault ...
  • Options
    awww... poor rolly
  • Options
    awww... poor rolly
    i'm the one your parents warned you about being seen with!
  • Options
    Dude, I thought that was me.
  • Options
    :rolleyes: My point was that restraining NATURAL sources of polution makes no difference when we create so many ourselves.

Just as an aside, oil is an extremly finite resource, and you're making things worse.

The planet has a cycle and I do believe it's coming to an end....

However... fair 'nuff, many gases come from natural sources and we wouldn't be controlling the animal's farts, we'd have to control how many animals we have crammed in tiny cages on factory farms and it'd be nice to quit knocking down rainforests too... ya never know when they'll come in handy.

Didja know acid rain corrodes?

We're pretty much fucked really... and mother nature is coming back to kick ass mother fuckers!

I'm too tired to think straight... meh