Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

an ebay favour?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
can anyone do me a favour? Due to goin on holiday I have received an unpaid item strike which has kind of blocked my ebay account which is leaving me unable to contact sellers about items i have won, i have paid for items and not yet received them yet & cannot access 'my ebay' and the item which i haven't paid for yet i desperately want! so could someone send a message through ebay to 'ronnie2sheds' with the following attached:

'please contact me at diannec1985@hotmail.com. I am ebay user 'cosmic85' and would still like to purchase the dior top i won off you but i cannot get your details as the unpaid strike you ahve given me as blocked some of my account up! Many Thanks'

so could someone do that for me? i would be ever so grateful!

-Di-

PS sorry about the long winded post!

Comments

• Options
    I would help but i not got e-bay :( I don't think the person would be interested in it if you have an unpaid strike, or create a new account maybe?
  • Options
    thanks for the reply but i dont think you can open another account with the same details :( i really wnat the top and i came back off holiday to find the strike on my account, thing is there wasnt any warning emails or requet from payment off them, it hadnt been mpore than 7 days. :( plus i have paid for a top and some knickers that haven't arrived(i paid over a week ago) and i cant get the contact details for them to ask where the item is :(
    -Di-
  • Options
    Try emailing e-bay and explain this to them
  • Options
    Why didn't you pay for an item?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    Try emailing e-bay and explain this to them

I don't think they would do anything as she hasn't paid for an item.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    I don't think they would do anything as she hasn't paid for an item.
    if she explains and then sends the money off the person who posted can un strike her obviously?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    if she explains and then sends the money off the person who posted can un strike her obviously?

Well if people went through the proper channels she would have already been reminded at least once. An unpaid item strike is normally the last resort.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Well if people went through the proper channels she would have already been reminded at least once. An unpaid item strike is normally the last resort.

Tweety mate, she said that she was on holiday and that there weren't any warning e-mails when she got back.
  • Options
    How the hell was the seller to know you were going on holiday???Its your own fault tbh, If someone didnt pay me for an item id NPB them as well, its the only way to get your fees back, and if you were on holiday, how come youve still been posting here?????
    Im not being funny, dont take it the wrong way, but people who sell on ebay get this all the time, Sellers dont wait for ever for people to pay. You usually get about a week to 10 days.
    If you wanted it that badly, you would have paid for it, and if you knew you were going on holiday, you shouldnt have bidded for it knowing you werent going to pay for a while.Or if you did, you should have emailed the seller asking if that was OK.
    You might get a neg for this, but I bet you dont do it again.
    It shouldnt have frozen your account though unless youve already had 2 negs.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    How the hell was the seller to know you were going on holiday???Its your own fault tbh, If someone didnt pay me for an item id NPB them as well, its the only way to get your fees back, and if you were on holiday, how come youve still been posting here?????
    Im not being funny, dont take it the wrong way, but people who sell on ebay get this all the time, Sellers dont wait for ever for people to pay. You usually get about a week to 10 days.
    If you wanted it that badly, you would have paid for it, and if you knew you were going on holiday, you shouldnt have bidded for it knowing you werent going to pay for a while.Or if you did, you should have emailed the seller asking if that was OK.
    You might get a neg for this, but I bet you dont do it again.
    It shouldnt have frozen your account though unless youve already had 2 negs.

i agree completely. if you are going to be on holiday then you should indicate this in an email before you start bidding to see if this is ok.

as RB said, its your own fault. simple as.
  • Options
    I'd be happy to do it but I don't have Ebay. Sorry. Just incase it hasn't been made clear enough, it's your own fault. I don't believe you made a fucking mistake. ;[

Only joking. Sounds like something I'd do. ;<
  • Options
    You usually get about a week to 10 days.
    Originally posted by -Di-
    it hadnt been mpore than 7 days

And I'll send the guy the message.
  • Options
    It would have to have been 7 days or more as you cant file a nbb alert before then. http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/unpaid-item-process.html?ssPageName=STRK:MESRL:023
    It would have given you a friendly reminder as the first step.
    The NPB process goes through ebay so they send the messages,not the seller once theyve filed a complaint. Im surprised your account has been blocked unless this has gone further than you say, or if its happened more than once, in which case maybe youve been deregistered (NARU)
  • Options
    Di, Ive checked out your ebay history and this is your 3rd NPB strike, so youve instantly been deregistered. I know your last 2 were over a year ago, but they still count and you were on your last chance. The only thing you can do is sign up again under a new name and make sure you only bid for things you actually want. A bid is a contract on ebay and you must realise this. You need to pay for things promptly because if you dont, you get negged and eventually NARUd. It wastes other peoples time and money. It really spoils the ebay experience for other people.
  • Options
    what do you do if you went through a transaction without problem, but the other guy never left you any feedback? :( i want more positive feedback, ive only got 5.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    what do you do if you went through a transaction without problem, but the other guy never left you any feedback? :( i want more positive feedback, ive only got 5.
    on the `my ebay` page, it lists your recent transactions.it has the option to send a feedback reminder to people. Ive done this before and noone minds, usually people had every intention of leaving fb but forgot, or they thought they already had.
  • Options
    on the `my ebay` page, it lists your recent transactions.it has the option to send a feedback reminder to people. Ive done this before and noone minds, usually people had every intention of leaving fb but forgot, or they thought they already had.

theyve dissapeared now :( have to remember for next time though
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Tweety mate, she said that she was on holiday and that there weren't any warning e-mails when she got back.

You cant file a non payment thing without having sent a reminder letter before hand.
    Its no excuse, i have had two people not pay me on ebay & i have filed two after no responce from lots of trying.
    Sorry but its her own fault.
  • Options
    I did said that was what she said
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    theyve dissapeared now :( have to remember for next time though
    you can still find them if you go to her `about me` page. I only looked because I thought it was strange she was narued for only one npb.