Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Did anyone watch 'Dirty War' on BBC1?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Government shameless propaganda, or something to worry about?

The drama itself was rather well made and disturbing, I thought. Don't know how well they've researched the issue but there were some very worrying suggestions. The final moments of the film, when you see the whole of the City fenced off and the woman on the radio is saying much of Central London will have to be sealed off for up to 30 years, and how many thousands of people can be expected to die of cancer in the following 2 years, were particularly disturbing.

As for the motives of making such film (not to mention the stupid phone-in debate afterwards), I'm not so sure. Things are bad enough as they stand for such thing to be broadcast... I don't think the Muslim community will be very pleased with it.

Thoughts?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wanted to really watch it but I missed because I was out. Is it on tonight as well?
    I don't think the Muslim community will be very pleased with it.

Why? Because it portays Muslims as terroists? They are, not all but a lot.
  • Options
    central london? meh, nothing to worry about then...

:p
  • Options
    It was very disappointing. Considering the BBC is supposed to be a public service broadcaster they should've focused on the attack itself, the aftermath and the emergency plans not the story behind the attack. They could've so easily had "faceless" terrorists instead of dragging it into a debate about everyone vs Muslims and vice versa.

Knowing that there are Muslim counter-terrorists and that the emergency services are drilled isn't going to help the terrified person on the street with a burnt face and covered in fallout.

They copped out on this one, "Threads" puts it to shame.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Wanted to really watch it but I missed because I was out. Is it on tonight as well?

Why? Because it portays Muslims as terroists? They are, not all but a lot.
    Not wanting to turn the entertainment forum into a politics one, but.... "a lot"?

Do you also believe that "a lot" of the Irish are terrorists and "a lot" of black people are muggers?

Anyways, I don't think it's going to be repeated on BBC1 soon. Perhaps on BBC3 or other digital channel. They might say more on their website.